Chapter 31

Carter's POV

When I woke up the next morning, I'd hoped that I just had a bad dream. That our daughter was still here and she was ok but when I looked around and saw that I was still in the hospital, I knew that I wasn't dreaming.

I looked over and Michael was still asleep, with a tight hold on my waist. His face had dried tears on it and he had a sad expression on his face, even though he was asleep. I looked away from him and blinked as the tears started coming down again.

Last night after we found out the news, Dr. Waters decided it would be best if I had a D&C. That's basically when they remove the "tissue" that was our baby. At least, that's how the doctors worded it. I hated our baby being referred to as "tissue".

I had the option of waiting for the baby to "pass" naturally but Michael thought it would be too much for me to handle and I agreed. No one knew that I was in the hospital and my heart hurted knowing that we would have to tell everyone we weren't having a baby anymore.

As I was thinking, I felt Michael moving next to me. I looked over at him and he was already staring at me.

"Good morning," he whispered.

"Its morning but its not very good," I whispered back.

"I know baby, I know," he kissed me softly and pulled me into his chest. I started full out crying again. He just held me and rubbed my back.

"Does anyone know we're here?" I asked him after what seemed like a lifetime of silence.

"Your mother and my mother. I called them last night after you fell asleep."

"What'd they say?"

"That they were so sorry and that they'd be by Neverland to check on you."

"I don't really wanna see anybody Michael."

"Not even your mother?"

I shook my head. He sighed and rubbed my cheek with the back of his hand. "Ok baby. I'll let them know." I nodded and hid my face in his chest.

An hour passed and the doctor told me that I was ok to go home. I put on my jeans and button up from last night and Michael grabbed my hand.

"You wanna use the wheelchair baby?" Michael asked me.

I nodded because I was still sore from the D&C. He lifted me up and set me in the chair gently. He wheeled me out of the room and down the hallway to the exit. Once we made it outside and to the car, he opened up the passenger side door for me.

"Michael, can you put me in the backseat? I wanna lay down."

He nodded and closed the door. He opened the back door and picked me up. He set me on the seat and helped me turn around so I could lay down. After I was settled, he closed the door and got in on the driver's side. He started the car and we pulled onto the highway.

45 minutes later, we pulled up in front of the main house. Michael came around and opened the door. He picked me up and closed the car door with his foot. We went inside the house and he walked us upstairs. He went into our bedroom and he set me down on the bed.

"How you feeling baby?" He asked me, whispering as if I'd break if he talked too loud. Hell, I might.

"Still sore. I think I'm gonna take a shower."

"You need me to help you?"

I shook my head and struggled to stand up. Michael grabbed my arm and pulled me up slowly. He put his hand on the small of my back and led me to the bathroom. He turned on the shower while I unbuttoned my shirt. After I stripped out of it, he walked back over to me.

"Help me with my pants," I told him.

He squatted down and unbuckled my jeans. "Hands on my shoulders babe."

I put my hands on both of his shoulders and watched as he slid my pants down my legs. He gently lifted up my leg and pulled it out of the pants leg. He did the same with the other leg before throwing the jeans off to the side.

"Come on," he helped me over to the shower and helped me get in. "Call me if you need me."

I nodded and he kissed my forehead before walking out of the bathroom. I took a deep breath and started to wash my body, starting at my face and worked my way down. When I got to my stomach, I just stared at it while the tears came rushing back. My bump was still there and my vision became blurry with tears. I threw down the towel I was holding and slid my back down the wall of the shower until I was sitting on the floor.

"Fuck! God damn it!" I held my face in my hands and the tears and pain took over me.

Michael's POV

I sat down on the floor, right next to the bathroom door, leaning my back against the wall. I wanted to be close by just in case she needed me. My heart was literally breaking, piece by piece, minute by minute.

It was breaking because of our baby girl and because of Carter. I'd never seen her so broken before. She's the most happy go lucky person I've ever met and I've never seen her so upset.

All of a sudden, I heard shouting. "Fuck! God damn it!" It was Carter. I turned around and put my ear up to the door. She didn't shout again but she was sobbing loudly. Hearing that broke my heart completely and I started crying myself. I wanted to go in there and hold her, tell her everything would be ok. I decided not to, only cause I wanted to let her be alone and I didn't wanna smother her.

After a long 20 minutes, I had gotten in the bed and just laid there, stating at the ceiling. The bathroom door opened and Carter walked out, with a towel wrapped around her. She walked straight passed the bed and into closet. After a few minutes, she walked back out with a t-shirt and shorts on. She threw the towel in the hamper and walked over to the bed. She climbed into the bed and snuggled up close to me. I turned and wrapped my arms around her.

"I love you baby."

She didn't say anything, she just cried silently. I sighed and rubbed my back as I rested my chin ontop of her head, feeling the tears slowly slip down my cheeks.

I have to admit, I teared up myself as I wrote this chapter. Please comment, vote, and fan. Thanks guys ✌.