Chapter 3

Trying to balance personal life and work life was getting to be a doozy. With working full-time Monday-Friday and trying to be the biggest cheerleader for Violet was getting to be an enduring cycle. 

I loved her. I wanted the best for her. I wanted to be there every step of the way.  Week 4 was harder than the rest since it was still 2 full weeks before Violet would be able to come home. 

I brought two care packages. I'm sure Andy had plenty of family and friends that cared and visited him. But a random act of kindness meant I was putting good karma into the universe.

"Good morning Miss. (Y/N)," the front desk lady greeted me.

"Good morning. Week 4 how is it going for her?" I asked her.

"It's the happiest I've seen Violet since the beginning of the program," she told me.

I smiled. 

"That's great news to hear. I've been so worried about her. Between my full-time work and trying to concentrate on stuff outside of here," I told her as I signed in.

"You've been a wonderful help to Violet in the program. Without you, I don't think her progress would be where it's at," she told me as she gave me my visitor badge.

I smiled at her.

"Thank you for saying that. I can't imagine how tired she is but man I'm so tired trying to be there for everyone," I told her.

"The most important person to take care of is you. We don't want you ending up here for help," she gently reminded me.

"Yes I know I know," I told her as she let me into the room.

I walked the halls like I always did every Saturday and I stopped a nurse to find out where Andy's room was. Except, I had to be extra quiet cause everyone but me and I guess the patients knew he was Andy Gibb. He was Ralph to me.  And before anyone assumes I'm attempting to flirt or anything, it is not like that. He was very vulnerable and trying to heal from his terrible relationship still. 

The nurse walked me to his room. He wasn't in there. I left the care package on his bed.

I snuck out and headed to Violet's room.

"Hellooooooo," I walked in.

"I've been counting the minutes till you got here," Violet remarked as she tackled me in a hug.

Her eyes were sparkling with a new light. I was praying this would be the ticket she needed for a new life.

"How is everything going?" I asked her as I handed her the bag.

We sat down on her bed.

"I got to admit. This is the happiest and healthiest I've felt in months. Heck in years," she told me as she started going through the stuff I brought.

She had asked for cinnamon candies and butterscotch candies so I got her those. Of course some feminine products too.

Andy's secret care package I bought candies, some Old Spice Bodywash, and other things most people would overlook.

She ripped into the cinnamon candies right away.

"You remembered? I am so happy," she told me as she opened one and popped it into her mouth.

"Of course, I remembered," I told her as she continued going through the bag.

"Can you believe 2 more weeks and I'll be done?" she remarked proudly.

"You did it. I knew you could do it," I told her.

"And I'll be back home and starting my new chapter," she commented happily.