Chapter 110

We could go shopping together for the first time in months with Violet's return home. We had scheduled some Christmas shopping.

"I cannot believe they raised the prices on freaking jeans for women," Violet remarked.

She was looking for some new clothes. The sizing in Amsterdam versus America wasn't the same and the pants she bought overseas were a size or too big.

"I know everything is getting more expensive," I told her.

She wasn't having any luck in the normal woman's department. So, we could go to the thrift store to see if anyone else had donated her size.

"Why don't we try a thrift store? Maybe that would be cheaper and you could find something that fits you?" I asked Violet who was beyond frustrated.

She sighed.

"That's a good idea," she replied as we went to check out the rest of the items we had in our carts.

And so we finished at Sears and headed down the street to the thrift store.

"I hope it works out for me 'cause I cannot with the jeans I bought in Amsterdam any longer," she told me as we pulled up to the thrift store.

"I can imagine Violet. Then if something doesn't fit right, you don't feel the best either I know that from experience," I told her as we found a spot.

"Woman issues at its finest," Violet joked as I parked.

"Yep," I told her chuckling.

We walked to the store entrance. 

"Okay so jeans and what else do you wanna look for?" I asked her as we tried to find carts.

"I think we should see if they have any ugly Christmas sweaters or vests," Violet remarked.

"For what?" I asked her confused.

"The AA meeting? Remember?" Violet commented.

"Oh shoot I forgot about that," I told her.

The AAs scheduled a Christmas party and the people were encouraged to wear ugly sweaters for the party.

"Is Andy gonna wear one?" Violet asked as we strolled to the pants section.

"I honestly don't know. It'll be one of his last AAs in America for a while since he goes off to do his comeback album," I commented as we arrived at the pants section.

"That's right he's going off in early January?" Violet asked as she looked through the sizes.

"Yeah he does I won't be able to go with him on the trip out so I hope he settles fine," I told her.

"I'm sure he will. We should look and see if we can at least find a manly Christmas vest. I don't think he'll mind," she told me.

"Good idea," I told her as I looked through the jeans section for myself.

And so, walked through the store and found what we needed. Including a vest for Andy to possibly wear to the AA Christmas gathering.

"I'm glad you thought about the thrift store," Violet told me as we walked to the registers.

"I know right? I wasn't sure if it'd be a good idea but here we are," I told her as we got in line.

"I can't believe someone would have donated their Levi's though and then they are selling them for 4 dollars? Wild," Violet told me.

"A bargain at its best," I told her as the line proceeded to move through.

Eventually, I took Violet home and returned to a quiet house.

Andy's car was in the driveway when I arrived.

I quietly walked through the house to find Andy working on some pre-packing in the bedroom.

"Hi love," I remarked as I walked in with the bags.

"Hi I didn't even hear you come in," he remarked as he got off the floor.

"It's okay I thought you might have been asleep," I told him as he kissed me.

"No no, I'm trying to prep for the upcoming trip. I mean I will be staying on Robin's estate but like for clothes and stuff I have no idea what to take and how long the album will take," Andy commented as I started emptying my bags from the trip.

"Well, at least 5 of everything. Like ya know undergarments and stuff. I'm sure you'll do laundry but just to be on the safe side," I told him as I tried to find the vest I bought him for the party.

Andy chuckled.

"I already had that sort of figured out but like clothing wise like am I gonna want to wear jeans to the studio or sweatpants?" he remarked as he waited for me to show him my haul of stuff.

"Right well this isn't for the trip but I hope you wear it for the AA party," I told him as I showed it to him.

We found a Christmas vest that was emerald green and it had reindeer embroidered on the pockets.

"Oh, that's fun darling. Where did you find this?" he asked as he took it from me to try on.

"Violet and I decided to hit up the thrift store after we went to Sears since she couldn't find anything for her sizing.

He had unbuttoned the vest and slipped on. It didn't exactly match the sweatshirt he had on but it fit him.

"I like it darling it's cute. What did you find for yourself to wear?" he asked.

I had found myself a royal blue sweater with a few bells and it had a tree in the center of the sweater.

"This," I gestured to the sweater as I laid it on the bed.

"How cute darling it fits your, what's that called, aesthetic or something?" he asked.

"Yeah it does, doesn't it?" I replied as I took the tags off it.

"What else did you find while shopping?" Andy asked as he slipped the sweater vest off.

"Not much I mean I already did all my Christmas shopping so I was just window shopping," I told him as I got the two sweaters to put into the laundry hamper.

Andy got back on the floor and blankly looked at his open luggage. 

"I'm still lost at what to pack. It's one thing for a tour but this is completely different," he commented as I disappeared to put the sweaters into the hamper.

"I know it's different but it's whatever is gonna make you comfortable and have that home feel," I told him as I came back to the bedroom.

"Right," Andy remarked as I joined him on the floor.

"Just take a deep breath and we'll figure it out," I told him.

Afternoon full of questions in store.