Chapter 107

The morning before Thanksgiving I had to go to work. It was a drag. Not that I'd be at work all day. But, the thought of having to leave the coziness of the bed was not what my mind wanted.

"It'll be fine darling. You'll only be at work till 1 today," Andy told me as I poured my travel mug full of coffee.

I sighed.

"I know it just feels weird having to leave the house the day before a major holiday," I commented as I got my sugar and creamer for my coffee.

"I'll be waiting for you when you get off work. It's not like I don't live here," he reminded me.

I chuckled as I stirred my coffee.

"Good point," I told him as I looked at the clock.

I had to get going.

"Well I guess I better get my arse to work," I told him.

"Okay darling be safe and have a good morning," he told me as he walked me to the door.

"Thanks love," I told him as he kissed me goodbye.

And so, I was on my way to work.

I got to work and the parking lot looked like a deserted island. Only a few cars were strangled across the parking garage.

I walked into the office to find Terri and one of my other co-workers Majorie standing by the water cooler.

"Good morning guys!" I remarked as I walked past them to put my stuff at my desk.

"Good morning sunshine! How are you?" Majorie asked.

"Ready for turkey," I joked.

Marjorie laughed as she followed me to my desk.

"I know it's hard to believe that it's already Thanksgiving," she remarked as Terri disappeared to his office.

"So how many of us are gonna be in the office today?" I asked her.

"Well, it's us 3 since we are like the manager higher-ups. Then Natalie and Rosa are coming in here at 9 to do a few things. It's pretty much just keep busy till 1," Majorie explained.

"Oh goody," I remarked.

"And rumor has it, we have lunch being brought to us from that little chicken place down the street. I'm always down for something different," Majoire told me.

"Really? I didn't think the company cared for us like that," I expressed as I took a sip of my coffee.

"Oh honey this is your first actual holiday with us, right?" Majorie asked.

"Yes?" I replied.

"We get a lot of perks compared to other companies," she explained as Terri joined us.

"Did you guys get notified that we are getting lunch catered at 11?" Terri asked.

We both played dumb.

"No way?" I asked.

"I thought someone said something like that but I didn't know it was true," Majorie explained.

"It's from a chicken restaurant down the street," Terri told us.

"I look forward to it," I told Terri.

"Same," Majorie explained.

And then, Terri disappeared back down to his office.

"I'm gonna see what I have to do today," Majorie told me.

"Okay," I remarked as she disappeared.

The day was a slow drag. Lunch was finally upon us and it was quiet with less than 10 of us in the office. There were enough leftovers that Terri had each of us take home. At least I didn't have to worry about dinner.

One o'clock came around and I was on my way home to Andy and Sam.

When I walked into the house, Andy looked at me confused.

"What is all that?" he asked as he gestured to the bag of food I was carrying.

"Oh we got lunch catered today and Terri told us to bring it home," I remarked as I handed him the bag.

"What restaurant?" Andy asked.

"Chicken and not KFC," I remarked chuckling as I took my jacket off and put my purse up.

"I guess we don't have to worry about dinner then," he commented as he took the bag to the kitchen.

"I'm sort of glad cause I got to get to the kitchen and get started on my pumpkin pie," I commented as I went to wash up and get into comfy clothes.

I also put my hair up.

"I cannot believe tomorrow is already Thanksgiving," I remarked as I entered the kitchen.

Andy was snacking on one of the chicken tenders.

"Sorry," he remarked.

I chuckled.

"No need to apologize if you are hungry love," I told him as I went to get my bag of stuff for the pumpkin pie.

"It's good. Have we ever eaten there before?" he asked as I gathered my baking bowls and utensils.

"I don't think so. It's not too far from the Apple building I guess that's why Terri got it catered," I told him as I got pie shells out.

"That was a nice surprise for you guys. At least they did something with you guys at work today," he told me as he sifted through the bag.

He found the container of mac and cheese.

"That was a little salty but it was good," I told Andy as I got my recipe card out for the pumpkin pie.

"How can you make mac and cheese salty?" Andy asked as he went to grab a spoon.

"You can actually," I told him as he took a spoonful of it.

He scrunched his eyes closed.

"Nope you are right," he remarked as he went to grab something to drink.

"What I did is I took the chicken tender and "dipped" it into the mac and cheese," I commented as I went to preheat the oven for the pie.

"Oh I should try that later," he told me as he went to put the rest of the food in the fridge.

Since it was only after 1, we wouldn't be eating till 4 or 5.

"So how was your day love?" I asked him as I got my eggs and pumpkin puree in the bowl.

"It was good. Just counted the hours till you were home 'cause I know you were worried about how your day was gonna be," he commented.

I smiled.

"I wasn't too worried I just wasn't thrilled to go to work," I commented as he sat down at the table and watched me do my thing.

"Well at least it was good and now the thing you were stressing out about all week is the pie," he chuckled.

"See you know me," I told him chuckling.

To our quiet Thanksgiving.