Chapter 106

"Okay, so we've got everything for Thanksgiving right?" I asked Andy for the hundredth time.

This year, we were only spending it with each other. We didn't want to fly out to Florida to spend it with the Gibb clan nor did my parents want to fly in. So, we decided just to celebrate together and have a small little dinner planned. But, as early as I plan, even if Thanksgiving is still 6 days  away, I prepare so far ahead in case of the unexpected.

"Yes, darling we don't have much to make. You got the turkey, stuffing, the biscuit rolls, and the cranberries. Plus, you'll make a salad the morning of so it'll be fine," he reassured as we looked at the list I had created and checked off at least 3 times.

"What about gravy? Do you want that for your turkey?" I asked Andy.

"It's up to you darling I mean no one else is gonna eat with us. I mean if my parents drop by they'll only come to see us not to stay and eat," he commented.

"Right right. Oh, what about dessert?" I asked him.

Andy wiggled his eyebrows at me.

I rolled my eyes.

"Honey, I love you but be serious," I told him as he had a mischievous smile on his face.

"I am serious," he told me straight out.

"Shush," I remarked as I remembered to find the can of pumpkin puree in the cabinet.

"Okay I have the pumpkin I just need to find the evaporated milk," I told him.

"And sugar?" he asked.

"Yeah, that as well. It's like I've never made a pie before," I remarked chuckling as I rummaged through the cabinet.

"Darling give yourself a break," he told me.

"Right I know I'm always so hard on myself," I told him.

"You got 6 days till Thanksgiving darling calm down," he reassured.

I found the evaporated milk and the other spices that go into the mix.

"Okay I'm gonna put all this together so come Wednesday afternoon when I get home from work, I won't be a chicken without my head on," I explained.

Andy smiled at me.

"It's gonna be fine it's just the two of us," Andy replied.

I took a second and recentered myself.

"Right," I remarked as I put all the stuff in a place where I would find it in six days.

"Anyhow it's gonna be a quiet morning the two of us. Did you want to watch the parade?" he asked as he put my checklist back on the fridge with a magnet.

"I forgot about the parade but that sounds like a nice idea," I told him.

"Did I ever tell you I was in it once when Joseph was on Broadway in 82?" Andy asked me.

"Wait really? That's cool how come you never told me about it?" I asked him.

"I never thought it was important to do so," he remarked chuckling.

"How early do you have to be up to be there for the parade?" I asked him as we walked to the living room.

"I hardly slept the night before. We had a call at like 2 a.m. or something like that. It was cold as hell. And you know what the costume for Joesph looked like right?" Andy asked me.

I shook my head. I had hardly followed him as an artist back in the day. And in 82, I didn't even know he was on Broadway. I was wrapped up in my college education.

"No do you have photos?" I inquired as he went to the bookshelf where we kept photo albums.

"I think I do. I know some of them were the publicity ones from the show itself but I don't know if I have any from the actual parade," he commented as he lifted a photo album off the shelf.

"Did they allow you to wear gloves?" I asked him as he walked back with the photo album.

"Of course I did. If I didn't, my fingers would have probably fallen off," he remarked as he flipped through the album.

He had only a handful of photos from before 85 when we met. 

"Here we are," he commented as he found the place.

The Joseph's outfit wasn't very warm.

"I would have thought they would have let you wear something warmer than that for the float," I commented.

Andy shook his head.

"Nope most people don't or if they are performing as Laura Branigan did, she got to keep her coat coat," he explained. 

"Wow," I replied as he showed the pictures.

"I wonder what my life would be like if we had met during this time," he commented.

"Things happened in due time love remember?" I told him.

"True darling," he remarked as he closed the photo album.

I never knew what he thought behind those eyes of his. He was always super guarded with his feelings. I didn't blame him.

"What else did you have to do for the show? How long do you have to stay in the show?" I asked him as he joined me back on the couch.

"It was like 4 or 5 hours. I was so exhausted by the time I got back to the hotel. I got fired from it a few weeks later and was back to square one," he told me.

I didn't know what to say.

"I'm sorry that happened," I told him as he sighed.

"But I do suppose if that had never happened, we wouldn't be sitting here," he told me.

"See I told you there's always reason for things," I told him.

"And my comeback is on the horizon," he commented proudly.

"It indeed it is," I replied.

Another day in the books.