Chapter 65

"Oh dear god," I remarked as I looked at all the stuff I needed to get done on the planner for the day.

Work had doubled before my weekend vacation came up. I was counting down the days till Friday.

"So we need that statistics presentation done before Thursday now," Deja told me as she stood by my desk.

I sighed. It wasn't supposed to be due for another two weeks but the big guys were coming in early to see it.

"Okay, I will get that done today then," I remarked as I jotted down the 10th thing I would need to get done on my planner.

"We are both gonna be here well after 4 today," Deja remarked as she gestured to her desk.

She had a stack about so tall of papers that needed to be dealt with before the next day.

I sighed again.

"Don't worry we will both leave simultaneously and hopefully we can get overtime," she reminded me.

I smiled.

"Hopefully it will be good," I told her as Deja went back to her desk.

I focused back on my work for the day.

By lunchtime, I was halfway through my list. The only thing I could think about was a hot bath after this long day.

By 6:15, I was barely on my way home. I was exhausted. Poor Deja was still working on her stuff.

"You can finish it tomorrow can't you?" I asked her before I left.

The office building echoed.

She shook her head.

"This particular paperwork needs to be done by tomorrow and if I don't get it in, they will write me up," Deja sighed.

I frowned.

"I'm sorry Deja," I remarked.

"It's all good I mean we will figure it out eventually," she remarked as she gestured to the papers scattered on her desk.

"Have a safe evening," I told her before I made my way down to the parking garage.

I had my pepper spray in hand even though you had to have a code and other information to get into the garage.

Much to my surprise, Andy was at my house when I pulled up. Last we spoke this morning, he was gonna stay at his house this week to get some stuff done.

I walked up to the door and unlocked it. Andy was in the recliner when I walked in.

He was awake.

"I was beginning to think something really bad happened to you," Andy remarked as he stood up and came over to me.

"It's been a long day," I remarked as I yawned.

He looked at me and frowned.

He took his thumb under and gently swiped it under my eye.

"You look exhausted darling," he remarked.

"I am and all I can think about is sitting in a hot bath and unwinding," I commented as he kissed the top of my head.

"Well, what are you gonna want for dinner? I don't want you cooking," he told me.

"Anything but pizza sounds good," I told him as he kept looking at me.

The environment was so still that my body was beginning to relax.

"How about I go and call in an order to that one restaurant down the street and I'll go pick it up while you go sit in the tub?" he asked me.

"That sounds perfect. I don't know how to pay you back," I began saying.

He cut me off by kissing me.

"Remember in this relationship, we don't pay each other back. We don't owe each other anything at all," he told me kindly.

I sighed.

"You are right I just feel guilty," I told him.

He shook his head.

"Don't feel guilty. Now, let me go call in an order for that restaurant while you go relax," he gestured for me to go to the bathroom to unwind.

I smiled at his gesture as I disappeared to go soak. 

The thing that sucked is as long as today was, I'd have to do it all again in less than 12 hours.

I got the water warming up and some other bath oil stuff to just decompress.

I sat down in the tub and instantly felt so much better.

The only thing I didn't do right was how many bubbles were created from the soap I chose.

Andy knocked on the door after a few.

"You can come in," I commented.

He walked in.

"The food will be ready in 20 minutes so I'm gonna get ready to go okay?" he told me as he bent down to where I was sitting in the tub.

"Okay," I remarked.

"Please don't fall asleep in the tub," he told me kindly.

"I promise I won't fall asleep," I reassured him as he kissed my forehead.

"I'll be back in about 20," he told me.

"Okay sounds good," I told him.

And so, our relaxing evening together after a long day was beginning.