Chapter 84

Time was passing quickly by. It was already summer. I was about 2 months into my new job and I still didn't know how I felt about it. Every day I go in, I try and give it the benefit of the doubt. I do have a 3-month probation period so if I decide in the next month to not stick it out, it'll be okay.

As for Andy, he was doing his own thing. Back and forth between Califorina and Florida, he was trying to get a footing in a record contract. At this point, he had no idea how long it would take for him to sign one.  Andy officially moved in a while ago. It was nice having him centered. 

As for Violet, she was thriving in Amsterdam. She had officially picked up on the language and learned how to speak Dutch. She wrote me a letter partially in Dutch and then wrote the English version too. 

I felt sort of alone for some reason at this point. I was grateful to have a wonderful relationship and a stable job. I had everything most women nearing thirty could ask for.  But, I still felt alone.

I had gotten home from work and the only good thing was is Sam was with me permanently now that Andy had moved in.

I went to let him into the house as I walked around and did my normal night routine.

One thing that I hated was silence. Silence brought my inner thoughts to the front of my brain. So I went and put music on since I didn't watch television on Thursdays. If Andy was home, we'd be at his AA meeting. 

I got my butt in gear and made myself dinner. By 7, I was in the living room deciding whether or not to call Andy.

It was 9 in Florida so if I was lucky, I wouldn't be waking up the whole household.

I dialed the Gibb house in Florida and after a few rings, someone picked up.

"Hello?" a female voice came over.

"Hi, it's me (Y/N). Is Andy awake or around?" I asked.

"Oh hi (Y/N) it's me, Linda. No, he and Barry are at the studio still with Mo," she replied.

"Oh okay. Well if he gets back by 9, tell him I called," I told her.

"I will hun! Have a great evening," she told me.

"You too," I told her before hanging up the phone.

I sighed as I decided to shower early. The one thing I liked about work was on Fridays, we got half-days. So, I could go in at 8 and be done by 1. So work wouldn't be too terrible tomorrow.

Sam parked it in front of the bedroom door before I could even open it.

"You know Andy's not home Sam. He'll be home Saturday," I commented as I opened the door.

Sam ran into the bedroom and found his way to his little bed. I got my stuff gathered and headed to shower.

After showering, I came back to do my normal night routine. But before I could, I noticed the answering machine was blinking.

"Did I miss his call?" I contemplated as I hit the button on the machine.

"Hi, darling. Sorry, I missed you twice now. We just got back from the studio. I'll probably be asleep if you call me back but I will call before you head to work in the morning. I miss you very much. I love you. Have a good night. Bye," Andy's voice came over out of the machine.

I sighed. I looked at the clock and it was already after 7:30. I hadn't talked to him for 24 hours. But, I went and got my tea and read some of the books I had checked out at the library earlier in the week.

By 9:15, I was in bed. I couldn't wait till work was over tomorrow.

I must have fallen asleep pretty quickly cause I woke up to my 5:30 alarm.

I got up and did my normal routine. By 6, my phone was ringing.

"Hello?" I answered half asleep still as I was doing my makeup.

"Good morning darling," Andy's voice came through the phone.

"Good morning how did you sleep?" I asked as I put face powder on.

"I slept okay. How did you sleep? I'm sorry I missed your call last night. We were trying to get some of the demo tracks started before my brothers get busy with their new album promotions and stuff," he commented.

"It's okay I just missed hearing your voice last night," I remarked as I tried to find my blush brush while realizing I should just put him on speakerphone.

I did that before I heard him respond.

"I know I didn't expect us to be out that late. Well it's not late technically but you know what I mean," he remarked.

"Right no I get it completely," I replied as I finally found my blush brush.

"I'll be home tomorrow around noon if all goes well with the flights," he told me.

"Oh good," I told him as I was distracted by my makeup.

"Has Sam been behaving?" Andy asked.

"Yeah, he's just been moppy. Is that a word? He's been sad and every night since you've been gone, he'll lay in front of the bedroom door till I open it and realize that you aren't here," I told him as I finished my makeup.

"I'll be home tomorrow so he'll be okay after tomorrow," Andy replied.

"Yeah it's like dogs are human with their feelings," I told him.

"Very true darling," he replied.

I sighed as I realized I needed to hang up to go do my hair.

"I hate to cut this short but I need to go do my hair and still get breakfast," I told him.

"It's fine darling. I'll talk to you tonight I promise," he told me.

"Okay love you have a good day," I told him.

"You too darling take care of yourself today," he reminded me.

"Will do. Love you," I told him once more.

"Love you, darling. Bye," he replied.

"Bye," I remarked as I hung up the phone.

Back to reality till tomorrow.