Chapter 85

"You're home," I commented as Andy walked in.

"Back in my baby's arms," he remarked as I hugged him.

"How was the flight?" I asked as we entered the house fully.

"It was good. I couldn't wait till we landed. I was getting overly excited to be home," he told me as Sam walked in.

"He missed you too. I don't know if he'll show it," I commented as Andy got down to Sam's level.

"He was okay though while I was gone?" he asked as he petted him.

"He was. He's always protective of me while you are gone. He sleeps in the bedroom most nights," I told him as I grabbed his luggage and took it to the laundry room.

Sometimes I feel like I mother him but it's not that. Doing things and helping people was part of my love language I suppose.

"You know darling you don't have to do that," he called out.

"I know I don't have to. I like doing things like this," I replied as I heard him wash up in the bathroom.

Whether he heard me over the water was another story.

After a few, he came and found me.

"You know I'm an adult and I can do these things, right?" he asked.

"Well yeah I know that but it's the little things that make me feel important like helping with laundry or making dinner," I told him as he looked at me.

"I know that too I suppose," he replied as he took the empty luggage to our room.

Our room? I forget he lives here now officially.

I got the laundry started and headed out to find Andy walking back to where I was.

"Are you hungry or anything?" I asked him.

I glanced at the clock and it was a little after 11:30.

"Not yet. Let's just go sit down and be with each other," he told me.

"Okay," I commented.

So, we walked to the living room. He sat down in the recliner and I was headed to sit on the couch.

"Where do you think you are going?" he asked me.

"What?" I asked him as I chuckled.

"Come here. I missed this," he gestured to the recliner.

"Oh yeah I guess that's something we don't get when you are in Florida," I remarked as I went to sit with him.

"Well yeah I mean it's one thing to be away without you. But when we are together for the first few hours it's hard to not want to just hold you and love on you. Plus, I feel like I neglected you on this trip with the phone calls being missed," he remarked.

"You didn't neglect me. Don't feel that way," I told him as Sam came and sat in front of the chair and stared at us.

"No I know you didn't feel that way but it's how I felt inside. But it looks like someone is trying to get some loving in too," he joked as Sam put his face on the armrest.

"Well, he was here taking care of me metaphorically speaking. He kept an eye on me every day while you were away," I told him.

"He's pretty good at that," he told me.

"He ain't the best watchdog 'cause he literally will bark at his own shadow sometimes," I commented.

"I know that. He'd probably show a burglar around," he joked.

"Jesus don't take it that far," I told Andy as I rested my eyes.

Despite the fact it was the middle of a Saturday morning, I was worried and didn't sleep most of last night.

"Are you sleepy?" he asked me.

"Yeah I was worried I wouldn't wake up early enough to get the things I wanted to do before you got home," I told him.

"Aw, you didn't need to worry. Wait I shouldn't say you don't need to worry I know that. We both worry," he remarked.

I opened my eyes.

"Yes, we both worry," I told him as he kept his eye on me.

"It's just genetic I guess," he remarked as he popped the feet up on the chair so our legs were now on the leg rest instead.

I could still hear the washer running so I didn't feel too guilty resting.

"Don't get too comfy though 'cause I'm going to have to get that laundry out," I told him as he wrapped one arm around me.

"It's just laundry darling. There's all afternoon," he told me.

"But, the sooner we get that laundry done, the sooner we can eat lunch and the sooner we can go relax and nap in the bedroom instead of the chair," I told him.

"I see you've got it all planned," he told me.

"Yes, I do," I told him as Andy had a specific look on his face.

"Wait I had got you something while I was away," he remarked as he stood up from the recliner.

"You did?" I asked as I stood up from the recliner and followed him to the bedroom where his suitcase sat.

"Y-yeah it was, well," he remarked as he looked through the bags.

"Was it important? Did it end up in the wash?" I asked him.

He shook his head.

"No it was in one of my shoes," he commented as he looked at the shoes sitting in the suitcase.

"Oh?" I replied.

"Yeah wait here it is," he remarked as he pulled it out of the shoe.

It had gotten stuck in the lace of the shoe.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"Well, these sunglasses. I saw them and thought they'd be perfect for the upcoming Croatia trip," he told me.

"Andy that's so sweet thank you," I remarked as I took them from him.

"Of course I mean I thought you'd like them," he told me proudly as he stood up from the floor.

I went to wipe the glasses down and put the glasses on.

"How do they look?" I asked him.

"Marvelous darling," he told me as he smiled goofily at me.

I smiled as life was back to normal for now.