Chapter 103

"We had 3 trick or treaters. What has happened to the spirit of Halloween?" I asked as we went inside for the night.

We had our light on like most houses on the street, yet only 3 kids came up to our door the entire night.

"Who knows darling? Maybe it's because they went to parties instead," Andy commented as he took the candy bowl to the kitchen.

"Now I feel like I wasted money and time on all this candy," I commented as I looked at the bowl on the kitchen counter.

"We had no idea that no one would want to go trick or treating. Maybe there was a scare with the parents or something," Andy told me as he stole a piece of candy before following me to the bedroom.

"But it's a Saturday so I wonder what happened," I told him as we reached the bedroom.

"They probably went to actual family parties or maybe they went to the richer neighborhoods," he told me as I took my shoes off.

It was after 9. We had left the porch light on in hopes of some last-minute trick-or-treaters. But to no avail.

I sighed as I got unready for the night.

"So what's on the agenda tomorrow?" I asked Andy.

"Well it's Sunday darling so unless you have something in mind, probably just catching up on stuff around the house," he told me.

"Damn, tomorrow's already November?" I remarked.

"I got to get my arse in gear and start getting everything situated for January when I fly out to England to do my new record," Andy commented.

Andy finally landed a record deal with some company overseas. I would not be able to join him for the first few weeks which made me worried.

"I know I'm so excited for you love. The new record contract, the pilot's license. Everything is lining up nicely for you," I told him as I gathered my stuff to shower.

"And we will make this work," he commented as he gestured to us.

I smiled.

"I'm glad that you ain't gonna forget me," I commented.

"Uhm hello did you forget?" he asked jokingly as he came over to where I was.

"Forget what?" I asked.

"This," he commented as he grabbed my hand with the promise ring.

"Oh," I chuckled as he let go of my hand.

"Yeah duh," he remarked chuckling.

"Anyhow I'm gonna go shower," I told him as I headed to the bathroom.

"Okay darling," he told me as I disappeared into the bathroom.

And so, I went to relax in the shower. I was beyond overwhelmed by the fact that in less than a few hours, November would be here. The year had been amazing with all the ups and downs. But, as the old year ended, the new beginnings always scared me.

With my brother's sudden passing, to how good things were going with Andy, I didn't know what the New Year would do to me.

I finished up my shower and went and did my night routine.

"There is nothing good on darling," Andy told me.

"Not even a good scary Halloween movie?" I asked.

"You don't like scary movies darling what are you talking about," he teased.

"Oh right I don't like scary movies," I replied chuckling.

He laughed.

"Yeah, you don't. We've never ever watched a scary movie together," he remarked.

"Wait no we did though. Cujo. I thought it was a cute dog movie and it turned out to be a thriller or horror film," I told him.

Andy paused and slowly remembered.

"Oh yeah I remember you were so excited to rent Cujo one day last year and it turned out that you didn't read the entire prologue on the back," he told me.

"Hey just because I'm getting older doesn't mean my brain is at the same pace," I joked.

Andy laughed.

"Darling, you wanted to watch Cujo because it was a dog movie," he teased.

"I didn't know better," I told him before he disappeared to shower.

I could hear him still laughing in the bathroom.

"Stop picking on me," I remarked.

"I'm not picking on you," he hollered from the bathroom.

I rolled my eyes as I went to get my glass of water for the night. 

 I came back and put the TV on the already half-over CBS movie.

It was a repeat showing of "Belle Star."

Andy joined me shortly.

"Whatcha watching?" Andy asked as he joined me on the edge of the bed.

"Nothing really. It's "Belle Star" from a few years ago," I commented as I looked at the TV guide in my hand.

"Okie dokie," he told me as he went to do his night routine.

End of the year was here.