Chapter 78

I woke up early around 4 sweating. That was one thing I was not used to was how hot it was at night in Florida. Even with the AC on, the body heat from Andy and the blanket made it ten times worse.

Andy woke up when I went to the window for air.

"What's the matter?" Andy asked me quietly.

"I got overheated," I whispered.

"Are you sick?" he asked as I heard him sitting up.

"No no I feel fine it's just you are putting off a lot of body heat and the blankets feel awful," I told him as the Florida breeze came through the window.

I sighed at the feeling.

"I know you aren't used to the weather yet. It's probably in the 70s but the AC's on full blast," he commented as I heard him stand up.

He sleepily walked to the thermostat and checked it.

"70 in Califorina is completely different," I remarked.

"I put the AC on without it cycling off," Andy told me as he approached me by the window.

We were staring out at the water and the stillness of the water was calming.

"Will you come back to bed?" he asked quietly.

"Yes, I will I feel a lot better," I told him as I walked back to bed with Andy.

"I'll try and not be so close," he mumbled.

"No it's okay I'll just keep the blanket and sheet off," I remarked as I fixed the pillow and got comfortable.

"Are you sure? I mean," he commented.

"I sleep better knowing you are here so come here it's not that bad now that I cooled off," I told him.

He quietly chuckled.

And so, eventually, we dosed back off till we heard a knock at the door.

"We just wanted to make sure you two were okay," Linda remarked.

I glanced at the clock and it was nearly 8:30.

"Wow dang yeah we are fine. We had woken up around 4," Andy remarked.

"Oh okay well we have breakfast going if you want to come join us down," Linda commented as she shut the door behind her.

"I didn't think we'd sleep this late," I told Andy as I sleepily stood up and headed to the restroom.

"It's not that late. Well for you, yeah I guess it is," he remarked as I heard him walk across to turn the TV on.

"We did travel a lot yesterday and this morning was not the wake call at 4 a.m I'm used to," I told him from the bathroom.

After I finished, I went out to find my clothes and stuff to prepare for the shower.

"Can I go in real quick?" Andy asked.

"Yes go," I told him as he ran into the bathroom.

I laughed.

With our late start, we had to get ourselves downstairs for breakfast before we headed out to the beach for a walk.

After we finished getting ready and had breakfast, Andy and I headed out with Barry and Linda.

"Gosh it feels so surreal being here," I commented as we walked.

"It's nice to finally know you. Andy gushes about you and it's nice to see you two in the 3-D," Barry commented.

I looked down at the sand as I tried to find words to respond.

"I'm lucky to know him," I told him.

"We are grateful you two connected," Linda told us.

And so, the walk continued. From there, we went to Criteria Studios to meet up with Maurice and Robin.

Meeting his brothers in their natural habitat.

We drove into the lot and pulled up next to his brothers.

"I don't think I've ever been to a recording studio," I remarked.

"No I don't think so either darling," he commented as we got out.

"There's the lady that makes Andy so happy," Mo commented as he walked up to us.

I flushed with a blush. Hearing that from everyone in one way or another, it was crazy to me. There was a time in my life when I thought I wasn't good enough to be loved. And yet, many moons later, here I was in a healthy relationship. Of course, there was fear and imperfect moments, but it was magical to me. And, that meant more than anything.

"Ha aw hi nice to meet you guys again," I remarked as Mo went in for a hug.

I was a little taken aback by the gesture.

After we met and greeted, we went inside. The brothers were working on some minor things for an upcoming album. 

"And the album's name is ESP?" I asked as we sat in one of the control ones.

"Yes and now you get to be apart of the secret Gibb club. Cannot tell anyone. It will be out sometime in the fall," Barry commented.

"My lips are sealed," I told him as Andy squeezed my hand as we sat there listening and conversing.

"This is all I ever dreamed of," Andy whispered.

"What?" I asked him in a whisper.

"All of us being together. I don't know it just feels special," he replied in a whisper as his brothers did some paperwork.

"I can see how happy it makes you. You are glowing with that smile," I told him.

He smiled.

"I feel it," he told me.

"Well it looks great on you," I told him as I kissed his cheek.

Of course, even though we were grown adults, we didn't show PDA in public at all.

"Andy, are you gonna come in July to do those demos?" Barry asked.

"Yeah I'm hoping to land a contract by the end of the year," he remarked as the brothers dragged him into the conversation.

"You have to talk positive like you already have it. Law of attraction," I commented to Andy.

"Law of attraction?" Andy asked.

"Yeah I mean you got to act like you already got it," I remarked.

"This girl is a philosopher or something," Robin remarked.

I chuckled.

"Wisdom comes with age I suppose," I told him.

"I do agree on that one," Andy remarked.

A new vibe in my life.