Chapter 74

"You got the job?" Andy asked proudly.

"Yes, I got the job! But, not for the original location in San Diego. They want me for the Burbank location," I told him as we stood on the front porch.

"Wait we don't have to move?" he asked.

I shook my head.

"That's good, right?" I asked him.

"Well of course darling that's good but then I guess something I wanted to ask you needs to be asked now," he commented.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"Well I wanted to live with you in that apartment permanently if you were moving to San Diego but I was thinking we could move in together?" he asked.

I didn't know what to say. I loved him and was excited to see where the relationship was going. 

"You want for us to live together like for real?" I asked.

He chuckled.

"Yes for real. I mean I live here anyway all the time. I feel like it's good timing and we're about to celebrate a year together," he commented.

Again, I had never been in an adult relationship and didn't know what normal things were to be expected.

"When do you want to move in officially?" I asked him.

"Well, when do you start your new job? I want to do it after you are settled there," he told me.

"I start the job in about 2 1/2 weeks which means I put in my two weeks' notice tomorrow," I told him.

"Wait, so like are you just not gonna quit and take a 2 week vacation?" he asked.

Andy did have a brilliant point. Why should I even bother giving a two-week notice when I could call Deja and tell her I quit? Well, after I get my stuff.

"Well, I can technically say I quit after my day tomorrow. I have stuff at my desk to pick up," I told him.

"But then we could have 2 weeks to ourselves. Like just enjoying the time," he told me.

I paused for a second. It would be nice to have a pre-vacation to my new chapter. I really liked the idea.

"Wait do you realize this all happens during our official one-year weekend?" I asked him.

He paused and smiled.

"Why don't we go inside and sit down and talk about this?" he asked me.

"Of course, I hardly realized we had been standing on the porch this entire time," I commented with a chuckle.

We walked in and settled down. The other thing on my mind was the fact Violet would be going home tomorrow. I also was really thirsty. 

"So like I had told you before, I was hoping we could do something nice for our one year together. But now that you are quitting your job, maybe we could still drive out to San Diego and do something fun instead of house hunting," he told me.

"Wait don't you have to be in Florida to work with your brothers? No wait, why don't we go out to Florida instead? I've never been before and I'd get to know your brothers and family better," I told him.

"We will have to find Sam a babysitter but I think I like your idea better," he commented as we mindlessly walked through the kitchen to get something to drink.

I took two glasses and filled them with soda and ice. Not the best thing to curb my thirst, I know.

"We could spend the whole two weeks or just 10 days depending but I feel like I hardly know your family. Your sister Berri told me that she doesn't feel like she knows me," I told him.