Chapter 57

"How is it already Christmas Eve?" I asked out loud as I prepared to get ready for the day.

Andy chuckled.

"Darling time is going faster for some reason. But hey, this Christmas we're actually together," he remarked happily.

"Last Christmas,  I was your Secret Santa," I told him as I got my makeup out.

"And now you are my girlfriend," he commented.

I smiled.

"Yeah," I remarked back with the biggest smile on my face as I laid my makeup out.

"So Grandma M and Violet are coming over at what time?" Andy asked.

"Around 2:30. They are coming over to get their Christmas presents and then by 5 they are going to go see Christmas lights," I told him.

"Oh, how nice. I'm glad we went and saw Christmas lights a few nights ago so we can just be cozy tonight," he replied.

"Yes and I'm glad that they did the AA meeting yesterday again so we have no obligations till Monday," I told him.

I had put in for today. Of course, we were off on Christmas and I also put in for vacation on the 26th. I had planned it just perfectly.

"Yes I do like the idea of not doing anything for the next 5 days or so," he remarked as he found the channel.

Usually, I would be at work at this time. I had no idea what would be on.

"Is there anything good on at this time?" I asked as Sam came and sat down at the foot of the bed.

"Honestly, I don't know," he replied as he just watched me do my makeup.

I was setting my foundation when I noticed his stare.

"What?" I asked him.

"I don't think I've ever really paid attention to you and you doing your makeup," he told me.

"Oh," I remarked as I finished brushing my excess face powder off.

"It's not bad it's just interesting. I don't think I've ever seen you not wear makeup besides at night," he commented.

"I always feel prettier with my full face of makeup," I commented as I began my eyeshadow.

"Well I think you are beautiful either way darling but it's your face and your decisions," he told me.

I smiled at his comment. He really did care and paid attention to the little details.

And so, we both got ready. We did some Christmasy activities which included finishing up the gingerbread house we had begun working on a few days prior. 

"I think this is the first time a gingerbread house has stayed together and not fallen apart on me," Andy remarked.

"The hot glue helped I think. Plus all the extra frosting we used on the seams of the house," I told him as we finished putting the gum drops across the pitch of the roof.

It really looked picture-perfect. The icing on the roof trim looked like melting snow. It was absolutely stunning. I went to get my Polaroid camera to take a picture of it.

"It won't last in physical form so I better get a picture,"  I told him as I snapped the photo. 

Andy laughed.

"You act like the whole thing is gonna melt and disappear into a billion small pieces," he teased.

"No, but what if Sam decides to snack on it?" I joked.

"Well that's actually a good point," Andy paused as he looked down to see Sam staring at us.

"See it's like Sam knows its food. But it's got glue and it's not good for you," I told Sam as if he could understand me.

"You act like he's a real kid," Andy teased me.

"So what," I told him.

"It's cute," he told me as he grabbed the Polaroid camera from me.

"We make a great team," I told him as he snapped a Polaroid of me.

"Wait I hope your eyes were open," Andy remarked chuckling.

"What was that for?" I asked as he fanned the Polaroid back and forth to help it develop quicker.

"I like catching the unexpected moments that's all," he told me as he showed me the picture.

I was proudly looking down at the gingerbread house. Sam was in the background looking at me.

"The things I love the most," he told me.

I smiled at him.

"You are something special," I commented as I took the Polaroid camera and held it where we could both be in a photo together.

He kissed the top of my head as I snapped the Polaroid camera.

"I hope I didn't blink," I remarked as I put the camera down and took the photo out of the dispenser thingy.

It was slowly appearing and we looked like we were so in love.

"Oh I love it darling," Andy commented with a big grin on his face.

"I do too," I replied as I glanced at the clock.

It would be about 20 minutes before Grandma M and Violet would arrive.

"I'm going to go get refreshed so when Violet and Grandma get here I won't look so tired," I told him.

"Okie darling," he told me as I disappeared to get refreshed. 

Merry Christmas Eve.