Chapter 32

The next morning waking up next to Andy was something I could definitely get used to. Calling out sick felt like a crime. I woke up at my normal time as if I had to go to work. I realized I had the entire weekend to sleep in. I needed to sleep. This was gonna be my mental health weekend. 

Andy noticed me being restless.

"Is everything okay darling?" Andy asked sleepily.

"My body has that natural clock honey," I remarked as I tried to readjust.

"Oh," he remarked as he glanced at the clock with one eye.

It wasn't even 5 a.m. yet. I always got up at 4:45 a.m. every day to get ready for work and be out the door by 7:00.

"Good lord it is not even 5. You get up that early for work every day?" he asked as he readjusted.

He fixed the pillow so he was looking at me. 

"Yeah," I replied as I readjusted and scooted up.

He took his hand and put it on my face.

"You are crazy darling," he remarked half-asleep.

Sleepy Andy was cute and funny. He was coherent enough to understand what I had said, but obviously thinking about the fact he wanted to go back to sleep.

"If I can't doze back off, I'm gonna go sit in the living room and put a movie on," I told him quietly.

"Nuh uh stay here," he remarked as he moved his fingers across my forehead.

"But I'll be interrupting you," I told him.

"You told me you wanted to wake up next to me because you are sick, so stay here," he pleaded still half-asleep.

I chuckled at his reasoning. The night light illuminated his face and he had both eyes closed as he pleaded with me.

"I can't say no to you," I remarked.

"Good," he commented as he sleepily leaned to kiss my forehead.

My little heart fluttered. 

I closed my eyes and somehow managed to fall back to sleep. I don't remember anything till I woke up to Andy getting out of bed. Was it Andy's presence that made me so comfortable and relaxed? He was like my security blanket and it was too much faith I was putting into him. 

"Where are you going?" I asked without moving.

"To the bathroom darling," he replied quietly.

"Oh," I replied chuckling.

"Yeah I'll be back I promise," he told me as he went out the door down the hall to the bathroom.

I readjusted. I knew he'd have to go home eventually cause of Sam and it made me sad.

After a few, he came back to the doorway.

"Do you want the coffee pot on?" he asked.

"Yes please," I replied. 

He disappeared again and went to turn the coffee pot on. 

He then rejoined me back in bed.

"Did you sleep well?" Andy asked randomly.

"Actually, yeah I did. I feel like it's cause you were here," I told him.

He smiled at me. 

"Maybe. I feel the same. It's like comforting like being next to you is like a blanket of security," he remarked.

What I was feeling wasn't totally one-sided which was relieving. 

"I promise this isn't supposed to sound rude but when are you going home?" I asked him.