Chapter 36

"So how are you gonna dress for the opening night?" I asked Violet.

We were in the process of prepping for the New York trip. We had planned to color-coordinate at least a few times. She had brought all her clothes to my house to pack for the trip.

Andy was also gonna be there which made my heart so happy. He wanted to be there and involved as Violet's friend.

"I want to wear blue or black. I want to wear something sort of comfy like a pantsuit," Violet remarked as she showed me the blazer set we had bought a few weekends ago.

"Oooh okay I definitely could do this blazer and these shoes," I showed Violet the black pantsuit that matched hers.

"The mayor of New York is also gonna be there so I'm a little nervewracked," Violet expressed.

"They will be probably only there for a few Violet. And you know, most likely, we will never meet the same mayor twice anyhow," I told her.

Violet laughed.

"I never thought of it that way," she commented.

"Well we will probably be in New York again for something in the future but the mayor should be different each time," I told her.

"Well yeah, I'd assume so," Violet told me as she found some of her other comfy clothes to pack.

"And is Andy gonna match us?" Violet asked as a follow-up.

"I mean he can I never thought about it," I told her.

"Well, he doesn't have to. Grandma Mary isn't matching me so," Violet told me.

"I mean this would be the first time Andy and I are traveling together so this may be the time everyone finds out about us," I remarked.

"No one still knows?" Violet asked.

"Nope we've kept it lowkey from the paparazzi minus the whole magazine thing," I told her.

"Dang, are you ready to go public with it?" Violet asked.

"I mean yes and no. We've really enjoyed the quietness of the relationship. It's been nice just being able to be ourselves," I told her.

"I think the media will be less critical. Especially the things of the first things in the relationship weren't in the public eye," Violet commented.

"True I mean I just want his fans to accept me," I told her.

"And I know they will. If anyone has seen Andy in the last year, he's so much healthier and happier like me," Violet remarked.

I smiled.

"And if they know it's cause' of you, they would be grateful someone is giving Andy the love he deserves," Violet also commented.

"I really never thought of it like that," I replied as Violet glanced at the clock. 

It was a little after 4 and Violet was supposed to pick up some groceries before going back to Grandma Mary's.

She finally was driving by herself again and I think it definitely boosted her confidence.

"I guess I should go," Violet commented.

"Okay I guess," I remarked sadly.

"I will be by again tomorrow for us to finish the outfit packing," Violet told me.

"Sounds like a plan," as we both got up from the floor.

We walked down the hall to the living room so she could get her purse.

"I will call you when I get home," Violet told me.

"Be safe," I told her as I hugged her.

I walked her to the door and she was on her merry way.

Andy was back at his house for now. It was weird not having someone around the house.  We'd been spending so much time together and it felt empty.

Since I had nothing else planned for Saturday, I decided to get started on dinner. 

I didn't want anything too hectic to clean up so I decided on making a pasta dish.

For the first time in weeks, things were finally slowing down temporarily. It felt like with all the work drama I wasn't gonna make it out alive. As for Jackson, only time will tell what his job performance will lead him to.

I was ready to be on a plane to New York. I was ready to take on the world. It wasn't something I knew was gonna happen but I was so proud of Violet. The next thing I know she'll be the one hosting the art exhibits. She really turned tragedy into triumph in a short period of time. 

As for Andy, we were officially on month 5 together. It felt like an eternity but like forever ago as well. Perhaps it was because we had been hanging out cause at the Betty Ford Center, I saw him in a different light. 

To a quite evening with me, myself and I.