Chapter Fourteen: Falling From Cloud Nine

John's POV:

I finally managed to tear myself away from the drunkenness of this stranger, though if I was sober I could probably pinpoint who it actually was. I'd had so much to drink that I had double vision, and even if I stood still, everything continued to move around me. I felt dizzy like I needed to lie down, but I continued to ignore it by having one vodka after another.

I'd tried, unsuccessfully, to get this woman away from me for what felt like the past few years. I wanted to go and see Katy, but I didn't want to be rude and tell this woman to fuck off, as much as I wanted to. I wasn't even listening properly to what she was saying, I had tuned out a long time ago, my eyes rolling into the back of my head. They were stinging so bad, and my legs were aching. I slopped myself down on the sofa that was placed near the door, hoping this lady would get the hint and leave, but instead she followed and sat next to me. I wanted to go to Katy, but I didn't have the energy to pull myself back up again. I was getting tired from all the alcohol I'd consumed, and I assumed she was having fun with her friends just like she was last time I saw her, which was probably a couple of hours ago at this point.

I closed my eyes, the stinging becoming absolutely unbearable. I felt my body become heavier as I closed them, but I fought to stay awake.... I didn't want to be headlining tomorrow's news about passing out at the after party, that was the last thing I needed. I had just closed my eyes for a quick second, in hopes to rejuvenate myself, when I felt a pair of lips meet mine, kissing me tenderly, but roughly. I started to kiss back, the sound of a glass shattering outside of the room suddenly snapping me back into reality, instantly opening my eyes and pushing the woman off of me as I wiped my mouth in disgust with the back of my hand.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" I yelled at her, as she tried to come closer to me again. I immediately stood up and walked back, putting my hand in front of me.

"We're having fun... C'mon John, I want you so bad... I know you want me too," she said, her mouth slurring as a result of the alcohol she had drunk, attempting to unbutton her shirt in front of me.

"I have a fucking girlfriend! Do not come one inch closer to me you fucking slut!" I yelled in anger, suddenly managing to compose my drunken state enough to be able to find my way out of the room, my body suddenly not feeling heavy or tired in my adrenaline rush to get the hell out of there.

I walked out of the room, stumbling and tripping over my own feet. I'd had enough now, and I just wanted to go home.

"Where's Katy?" I asked some random, not exactly looking at them directly in the eye.

They simply shrugged, before I grunted and tried to find my way around the dark room, feeing like I was in a maze that was impossible to get out of. Everyone's faces looked the same, and I started to stress that I wouldn't be able to recognise Katy. My head was spinning, and I was feeling like I was about to fall over sideways.

Finally, after ten minutes of walking around in circles trying to find her, I recognised Sam Smith, who I knew had been with Katy earlier.

"Sam!" I yelled, failing miserably as I struggled to get his attention, as I stumbled over towards him.

"Have you seen Katy?" I managed to get out, though only through a slur. He looked back at me questionably, probably judging my drunken state. He raised his eyebrows at me, before biting his lip, looking like he was trying to remember.

"She just left not too long ago," He replied vaguely.

"What do you mean she just left?!" I said, trying to hold back my anger and confusion.

"I just saw her before, she was running out of the room. She looked like she was crying, but she left before anyone could check if she was alright," He stated, looking at me guilty.