Chapter Thirty-Six: I Think I'm Ready

Katy's POV:

"You alright babe?" John said to me, suddenly pulling me from my thoughts.

"Yeah. Are you?" I said in reply, though I wasn't really listening.

"I am. You've got nothing to worry about, okay?" He said gently as he lifted my chin with his index finger, making me meet his soft, hazel coloured eyes.

"It's just... Really scary," I sighed as I bit my lip, wrapping my arms around him.

"I know, but you got this. This is exciting! Be happy, Kate," He replied, combing my fingers through my hair.

"I am. I am happy," I said, smiling. I was just a little nervous. Especially with how everyone would take it, most specifically my team.

"I'm surprised at how organised we are. Look at us go! An hour to spare and everything," He laughed, making me giggle. I turned around to finish placing the tier of cupcakes on the table, next to the assortment of other snacks that probably weren't very good for you.

"It's amazing what you can accomplish in two days," I laughed, catching his gaze as he set down plates and cutlery beside me.

"We need to start to get ready," I said, almost inaudible through my nervousness. I was really excited to see my friends, my family and my tour crew, despite it. I hadn't seen my family since Christmas, since I'd had my meltdown. I was definitely more excited than anything to see Angela, I had really been struggling with keeping my mouth shut in order not to spoil the surprise. She meant so much to me, and I couldn't wait to share this news with her. I just hoped everyone else would be as happy for me.

"Oh shit, we do too," John replied, looking at his watch. We sighed as we looked over the table we had been working on the past two hours. We'd been setting up for tonight nearly all day today, making everything perfect. John had been working outside decorating the ️back area near the pool, and I'd been inside preparing the snacks, though I'd left the cooking to John... We both knew better than to let me near an oven, even if it was to only heat up things.

We'd both slaved away to make the house and courtyard beautiful... I wanted tonight to be as perfect as possible. The house was beautifully decorated with balloons and ribbons, the table set with snacks and drinks, and the outside courtyard was lit through fire torches, making a beautiful, peaceful glow.

This was a huge moment and secret I was letting everyone in on, and whenever I thought about it, my heart seemed to beat faster. I was nervous, but I was also excited. I could let my family, my best friends, my tour family... All the people that were closest to me, in on this secret I'd been hiding.

"Look at this table, aren't you a cute little housewife," John giggled as he pulled me in to kiss me on the cheek, the both of us giggling.

I blushed, before kissing him gently on the lips and turning away, walking toward upstairs to go and get ready. The closer time got, the more difficult it became for me to concentrate.

I walked up the fluffy carpeted stairs of my house, and into my bedroom. I took a deep breath, before walking over to my bed where I'd laid my dress this morning. I decided on a simple black lace dress, that hugged my figure perfectly. It stopped just above my knees with sleeves that reached 3/4 of the length of my arms. It was elegant and simple, just how I wanted it.

I picked the dress up in my hands as I walked into my bathroom, hanging it on my door. I took my hair out of the messy bun I'd had it in all day, turning the shower on with my other hand. I stripped myself of the booty shorts and tank top I'd been wearing all day, stepping into the shower, the hot water instantly relaxing me. I took the time while I was washing my hair and my body, to try to relax, and get all the bad thoughts out of my head.