Chapter Fifteen: Perfectly Lonely

I woke up, my body feeling heavy, my head pounding. I felt like I was paralysed, my limbs refusing to move an inch. I went to move myself out of my position when I suddenly screamed as an insane amount of pain pierced through my body, the core on my right hand. I slowly managed to open my eyes, squinting from the sun. They already felt like they were burning, like acid had been poured in them.

Everywhere hurt... I felt like I'd been in a car accident. I looked down towards where the pain was continuing from, shocked as I saw that my entire hand was covered in blood that had dried up, my hand definitely looking worse for wear. I knew that I had most probably broken a bone, or two... Or three. The pain was unbearable, and I struggled to contain myself from shouting out.

I winced as I attempted to move my body into a more comfortable position, starting to look around my surroundings, though I didn't recognise them at first.

I was confused as to what had happened last night, my mind had completely blanked out. I turned my head to see an empty bottle of Rum beside me, which probably explained the horrible hangover I had started to feel. As if on cue, an uneasy feeling began in my stomach, before I leant over and let the warm, thick liquid escape my mouth, which found its way onto my pants. I couldn't seem to move my body to avoid it, as more and more liquid escaped my mouth, my head throbbing and eyes stinging.

I lent my head back on the brick wall behind me, convinced I was dying a slow, horrible death. I looked around to finally identify myself with my surroundings.... I was against the brick wall of my apartment building, just around the side, thankfully not in view of passing traffic. I squinted as the bright sun shone directly at me, making my body break out into a sweat.

I finally managed to pull myself up, using my left arm to steady my body weight as I staggered upwards, my legs almost about to give way. I lent against the wall, picking up the rum bottle and drinking what was remaining to get the taste of vomit out of my mouth, though it was all over my clothes.

I couldn't remember how I'd even gotten home... Well, at least this close to home. I couldn't remember anything past the start of the Grammy's after party last night. I was confused, I had given up alcohol not too long ago... Why was I hungover, with a bottle of rum beside me which was nearly all gone?
Why wasn't I with Katy?

I remember seeing her at the after party... Why wasn't she here? My brain hurt as I tried to remember.

All of a sudden, an indescribable feeling took over my body. I'd never experienced it before, but I knew it was bad. It felt awful.... It was worse than the pain stemming from my right hand. It was like my body knew something I didn't... I could suddenly hear my pulse in my ears.
My stomach felt as if it was twisting and changing shape, and my heart felt like it was beating irregularly fast. I started breathing loudly and quickly, as I started to hyperventilate. Suddenly, memories of last night were coming back to me like flashbacks.
My body had completely broken out into a cold sweat, blending well with the alcohol, blood, vomit and dirt that I was already nearly completely covered in.

Oh my God, I thought to myself as I remembered the woman. I remembered trying to look for Katy.... But she was gone.

I felt my eyes starting to tear up, as I suddenly had a rush of adrenaline pull me up, making my legs somehow align themselves to walk around into my apartment building and up to my home on the third floor.

I could feel the receptionist's eyes on me as I kept my head down and walked towards the elevator, time feeling like it was taking forever. I tapped my foot impatiently as I waited, feeling embarrassed about the state I was in. I must've looked and smelt like a complete train wreck, which was ironic, because that was how I felt. I now wished I didn't remember. I wish I could forget about it... But this was real, and I had to deal with it.