Chapter Twenty-Eight: Hopelessly Devoted

"John!" I giggled, my body tensing as he tickled me uncontrollably on the grass.

"Oh but you said you weren't ticklish, huh?" He laughed back, a smirk ridden over his face as he dug his fingers in deeper to the sides of my body, as I now struggled to breathe amongst the laughter.

"S-s-stop!" I finally managed to scream, though it was weak and desperate as I tried control my laughter, but failing miserably. I finally felt his fingers leave my body, and I let out a sigh of relief, finally opening my eyes fully to see John, who now laid beside me, his face radiant in the light coming from the sun behind us.

"I hate you for that," I huffed jokingly, folding my arms across my chest and pouting as he laughed at my goofiness.

"Sure," He simply replied, laughing as he raised an eyebrow.

"You're so mean to me babe," I said, leaning in closer to him as I stared into his amazing hazel-coloured eyes, full of mystery.

"I know you secretly love it, don't deny it," He laughed, reaching an arm around my waist to pull me closer. We were now laying on the grass facing one another, like nothing else mattered in the world. The beautiful Montana sky was in all its glory as the sunset was commencing, and the gentle warm wind brushed our faces touchingly.

"I do love you," I said cutely, crinking my nose as I smiled, all of my pearly white teeth on display. He smiled back, his face so soft and gentle. He was adorable, and I felt myself becoming more attracted to him every moment, if that was even possible.

"I'm so glad I'm with you," I said, honestly as I found entwined my fingers into his, gently caressing them. They fit perfectly into one another, like it was meant to be.

"You too baby," He smiled back, combing his fingers through my silky jet black hair which ran down my back generously, making me close my eyes in pleasure.

I wanted to tell him right then and there, but I kept debating with myself whether it was the right moment.

I finally decided that no, this wasn't the right moment. I would know in my heart when it was right to tell him... I couldn't wait to see, hopefully, a smile on his face.

"You okay babe?" He asked, pulling me out of my thoughts and gently lifting my chin back up to meet his eyes, leaning in to gently touch his lips with mine.

"Of course," I smiled back, pulling myself back to him.

"How about we go and get Archer from the stable, and go on a little hike?" John suddenly said, his eyes sparkling in thought. I raised my eyebrows amusingly, almost immediately, in curiosity. Why would he want to go hiking now, when it was almost sunset?

I scrunched my face as I thought about it. Horse riding was most probably really dangerous when pregnant... But I couldn't break it to him now. I sighed as I looked up at his face, full of excitement. I couldn't ruin it for him...

"Okay, but we have to be really careful, okay? Can you go behind me?" I said, attempting to not sound suspicious. He raised an eyebrow, before widening his grin.

"Of course, now let's get off this grass and go," He said, pulling me up with his hands, the both of us brushing the dry grass off of our clothes as we stood up. I sighed in relief that he hadn't noticed anything.

I gently placed a hand on his cheek, making his head come to my level before I kissed him passionately, his arm now resting on my back as he pulled me closer to him.

"You're cute," I said to him as I pulled away, giggling softly as I placed my fingers in his and continued to walk toward the stable, which was a good five minutes away.