Chapter Forty-Four: Nothing Like The First Time

"Stay very close between us, Katy. It's completely crazy out there,"Tamra warned me, looking back from where she was looking out the window of my private jet, and nodding at what Bradford was saying to her, probably something about the paparazzi.

"Of course it is," I said, feeling pissed off and annoyed with the paparazzi though I already knew and already warned myself of them before I even got on the jet back to LA.

"Okay, let's go, use this to cover yourself up," Tamra said, throwing a blanket to me as I clutched it against my stomach for protection, the soft plush material somewhat comforting.

"Can you walk in front of me so I can directly follow behind? I feel like that might be safer, so I don't get knocked," I said to Tamra, though I was looking at both her and Bradford for reassurance.I bit my lip nervously, not really knowing what to expect as soon as I stepped out of my plane. I wish I could hide away and not have to deal with this right now, especially after the long-haul flight I'd just had.

"Of course, and Bradford's going to be behind you. Just keep your head down, put your sunglasses on and ignore everything they say," She said sternly, her focus constantly changing between myself and outside of the window.

"You say this like this hasn't been my life for the past how many years," I said as I rolled my eyes, giving a slight chuckle to let her know I was joking with her.

"We can never be too sure about your safety. Especially with those fucking idiots," She sighed, her eyebrows crossed, only slightly visible over her Versace aviators. She seemed really concerned, which was frightening to me due to her usual laid-back nature, which made me think that maybe this was worse than we'd originally predicted.

I took a nervous breath before finally managing to get my feet to walk towards the exit of my private jet. Though I got quite a lot of sleep during the flight, I felt exhausted. Flying was always something that my body struggled to deal with. I couldn't wait to get back home and sleep in my bed. Oh, my bed. I couldn't wait.

I didn't even have to take a single step down the stairs of my plane before I could hear paparazzi, and slightly see the flashes of cameras out of my pre-feral vision. Instantly my face turned into a frown, before placing my head down, clutching the blanket tightly over my stomach, feeling like an extremely protective mother cub.

I found comfort in my typical airport attire, a black and white Adidas tracksuit with matching sneakers, a cap on my head. This was first used as an effort to disguise myself, but I soon gave up on that idea. No matter what extremes I went to disguise myself, I would always get recognised. It was just another day in the life of being Katy Perry.

I kept my head down as I walked towards the terminal, the resting bitch face permanently tattooed on my face.

"You okay?" I heard Tamra's voice ask as I walked, my head slumped in effort to avoid the paparazzi getting what they wanted.

"Yeah, so far," I smiled at Tamra, who held my hand as she lead me through the customs area, handing our passports over.

"We've got you Katy. You've got nothing to worry about, okay?" She reassured me as she squeezed my hand, giving me a smile.

"I trust you," I simply smiled up, though I was hardly convinced. I hadn't experienced paparazzi this crazy since the news of my divorce was released back in 2012. I just hoped they'd have the decency to not be complete assholes about it and respect my privacy.

Tamra looked at Bradford, who was directly behind me, giving him a nod before she pushed open the glass door, leading from the customs area into the main terminal and out toward the pickup area where our car would be waiting. It was usually only about a two minute walk, but it was about to turn into about twenty. As we walked, I kept my head down, telling myself to watch where I was going and just follow Tamra's lead. I found comfort in having Bradford's arm protectively on my shoulder and waist to direct me, my hand still in Tamra's, making this nightmare slightly bearable.