Chapter Fifty-One: A Fairytale Ending

"Wow, that was amazing," I said to John as we walked out of the theatre, hand in hand after just watching The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time on Broadway.

"I loved it," He smiled as he carefully lead me out of the Barrymore Theatre and through the revolving doors leading to outside, his grip firm and protective as we pushed lightly through the crowd. No one had recognised us since arriving in New York City two days ago, which meant it had been two days of absoloute bliss. John and I just enjoyed one another's company, finding peace in a city that wasn't LA. I loved New York so much. I loved the culture, the people, the food, the city. It was a place that was completely full of pursuable dreams, everyone here had such an amazing spirit.

It was such a sweet gesture for John to surprise me with this trip here, and I actually needed to getaway more than I realised, even if it was only for a couple of days. It was more than enough time to gather my thoughts and truly enjoy life, I had a horrible habit of letting the stresses of work override me most of the time when I was back home. In a few weeks I would release the adjusted tour dates for South America, now being pushed forward to August, and soon after I would have to start rehearsing for it. John and I were really starting to realise just how precious time together was; and we knew that little things such as these vacations would be harder once the baby arrives in November.

Upon arriving in the city on Thursday evening, we'd spent our days relaxing in the city. Strolling through Central Park and sitting on a bench eating icecreams, looking at toys at FAO Schwartz, sharing a kiss on top of the Empire State Building at night, getting hotdogs from a street vendor as we strolled through Times Square, going to a couple of Broadway shows. Typical tourist-like things I guess, but we really enjoyed getting to do such things, it wasn't really something I could do that often anymore.

"Can we make one last pit stop?" I said to John, flashing him one of my award-winning smiles before retracting into pouting my lips and widening my eyes like a child, my best trick I had up my sleeve. John could never learn how to say no to me, especially now that I was carrying his child. I could get away with murder under his watch. It was adorable.

"Schmackary's?" He said, raising an eyebrow, making me laugh as I nodded my head in agreement. He definitely knew me too well. Either that, or he was used to my cravings by this point.

"Yes!" I squealed, goofily jumping up in excitement as we walked down West 47th Street towards the infamous cookie store on 45th Street, relaxing in the blissful night air of the city. I felt at peace right now, almost as if time had stopped. There was just something about this city that made it so different to Los Angeles, and I was really able to enjoy myself here.

"Thank you for this trip babe. I've had the best time, you really didn't have to do this for me y'know," I said, pulling myself out of my thoughts to look up at my handsome boyfriend, who looked incredible tonight with his hair styled back.

"Anything for you gorgeous. But it's not over yet," He said cutely as he shot me a wink, bringing me closer to him so that I could cuddle into his side as we walked. He wrapped his arm protectively around my waist as I looked up to him in wonder.

"It's not?" I said, wondering what else he had planned. He'd already bought me here, and taken me out for a romantic dinner last night at Penelope on Lexington Avenue. What else could he possibly have planned?

"No, there's just one more thing, but I can't show you until we get back home," He whispered into my ear, kissing my temple as we walked, finally nearing the famous cookie store, which, much to my surprise, was quiet despite it being almost 11PM which was the usual peak time of the store.

"You're so sweet. I love you," I smiled up at him as we walked into the store, gently rubbing my hand on his back comfortingly.

"I love you too," He whispered, making my heart melt before my attention switched to the store in front of us, my excitement building as I saw the heavenly cookies, my cravings in full swing. John chuckled as I instantly pulled myself away from him,walking over to the display with a grin on my face making me look like a five year old child.