Chapter Forty-One: You're My Gorgeous Reality

My jaw dropped. Literally. I couldn't believe it. Was I dreaming? If I could've summoned my body to move, I would have pinched myself.

"John!" I practically screamed as I found my body rushing towards him, running into his arms and wrapping my arms tightly around my neck. "Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God!"

"Surprised?" He chuckled as he wrapped his arms around my body, almost catching me when I ran to him. I was so overwhelmed and shocked right now, I could barely form words to speak.

"But how did you? I mean, when did you? I-" I tried to get out, feeling almost confused as to how he'd managed to travel halfway across the world without me knowing.

"I just wanted to surprise you," He whispered, somewhat sexily as I combed my fingertips through his thick, brown locks of hair, that'd been styled to the right side. I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face as I studied him, every inch of him I'd missed. This was so crazy that he'd come here. I was almost positive I was in some kind of fantasy.

"I love you so much," I said as I cuddled into him, every part of me feeling content when I became familiar in his smell of my favourite Calvin Klein cologne of his. I was no longer Katy Perry... I was now just Katy, Katy who was so fucking excited and happy to see her boyfriend. It was like a switch had turned itself off when I saw him, and turned another on.

I had now reached what I felt like the peak of my life right now. My career had never been better, and my personal life had never been better.

"I love you too," He chucked back, gently tucking his fingers under my wig and removing it, letting it fall to the floor, as I peeled my wig cap off and threw it beside the wig, leaving my short black hair fall, making it lightly bounce on my shoulders so I could concentrate admiring his face, his fingers gently combing through my hair and massaging my scalp.

"It's getting late, we should get going," He said, sliding his hand into mine as he bent down to pick up my wig and my cap, before leading me out towards the door. Tamra and everyone had left once John had come in, probably assuming I was going to stay with him now. They were right.

"But how did you get here? Like I just texted you, and you replied?" I said, furrowing my eyebrows as I looked up at him, questioning him while looking into his gorgeous hazel coloured eyes.

"That's something for me to know and you to just enjoy," He said cheekily, raising his eyebrows as he looked down at me. I pulled myself up to gently kiss his lips as we walked down the hallway towards the car that was waiting outside the arena.

"I'm so happy you're here," I said softly, moving my head so it was resting on his arm as we walked.

"I'm happy to be here with you babe," He whispered as he kissed my cheek, making our way out of the back doors, thanking the security guards, and into the car.

The drive back to my hotel suite was short and sweet, though somewhat silent. I was still very much shocked and trying to process that he was here right now. He was here, in the car with me, halfway across the world in Japan, holding my hand. He should be in Los Angeles, working on his record right now... But instead he was with me.
I had the sweetest guy in the world as my lover.

I'd never experienced a love like this before. I couldn't help but think, though, if he had a reason for coming here. No one else had ever flown to another country because they loved me or simply wanted to surprise me. Like did he have other motives? Memories from my past started flooding into my head at the speed of sound, making my stomach twist with all the negative connotations. I felt the blood rush to my face when I realised that I had to tell John sooner or later about moving the tour dates forward. I took a few deep breaths in effort to calm myself down, completely forgetting that John was still sat beside me.