Chapter Thirty-Eight: You're My Saddest Goodbye

"Where has the time gone?" I sighed, caressing John's stomach with my index finger, tracing his abs delicately, which tickled his skin.

"Don't be sad, baby," He cooed softly, his voice making me feel so at home, so comfortable, so calm.

"I'm trying not to. I'm just going to miss you so much," I confessed as I bit my lip, scared to look at him in sheer fear of crying.

"I'm going to miss you too. More than you know, but I'll see you in just over a month, and we can Skype in the meantime," He said, his voice chirpy, in effort to cheer me up, though it was barely working. I hated this side to touring, the side where you don't see your loved ones for weeks on end, becoming almost like a distant stranger to them.

"You promise?" I questioned, finally looking up to him and silently begging with my eyes.

"Of course I do," He said as he kissed my cheek, cuddling himself closer to me as we laid in bed together.

"Okay, enough talking, let's get up," He said as he moved around and pecked my lips, placing his hands in mine in attempt to pull me up.

"I don't want to," I whined, trying to turn away from him. He shot me an amused look, making me pout at him sympathetically.

"Ugh," I grunted, rolling my eyes as I felt him pull me towards him, my feet somehow placing themselves on the fluffy carpet of my bedroom.

"You always win!" I said in defeat, slumping my shoulders as he wrapped his strong, muscular arms around me, pulling me in to him. I never seemed to be jaded by him, like I was always in a constant fight to be with him.

"Don't be such a sore loser," He laughed as his breath tickled my ear, making me giggle and move my head away to look at his perfect face.

"Get yourself ready, I'm going downstairs to make a coffee. See you down there," He said, his grip on my body loosening as he moved back a little.

"Where are we going?" I said, wide-eyed. I didn't have to catch my flight for a few hours yet, so I'd planned on doing nothing all day.

"I'm taking you to lunch. Now stop asking questions and do it," He laughed, trying to push me away from him towards my ensuite.

"Well, in that case... I'm going to have to take a shower... Care to join me?" I asked cheekily, giving him a telling look as I started to walk towards my ensuite, tugging at my tank top.

"Nice try," He winked, making me retract back. I usually always won when it came to this.

"Hmmph," I said, folding my arms across my chest and raising my eyebrows. "Your loss."

"Oh I don't lose at anything," He winked back, before walking out of the bedroom, towards downstairs.

I chuckled to myself as I walked towards the bathroom, flicking the light on as I walked through the door, though I didn't really need it on. I caught sight of my morning-esque look, and almost burst out laughing. I could definitely tell I'd not had many hours of sleep from last night, judging by the bags under my eyes, not to mention the mascara that was somehow panned over my face. I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand, wiping some of the mascara off, making myself giggle when I caught sight of myself again.

I turned myself side on to the mirror, though I wasn't sure why, but I immediately caught myself staring at something that I hadn't ceased to notice before. A jumble of nerves overtook me, and I knew I had to get John pronto.

"John!" I yelled, almost excitedly, but definitely out of the blue. My voice echoed around the house loudly, and it probably, well, definitely freaked him out.