Chapter Twenty-Three: I Can't Take My Eyes Off You

"Goodnight Norway! I love you! See you all next time!" I declared as the triangular PRISM set closed around the sides of me, the crowd roaring loudly and excitedly. Nothing could or would ever compare to the post-show adrenaline I got after I stepped off of the stage, the love I had for what I got to do for a living only deepened over time.

I felt the 'Firework' skirt being lifted off of my waist, my body sighing in relief. It was ridiculously heavy, and hard to move around the stage in, though it was beautiful and that was all that matters.

Beauty hurts, I laughed to myself as I stood holding the bar as my crew were taking my microphone pack off of my waist, and un-clipping it from my right ear. But despite the post-show adrenaline, I felt completely off today.

Dizzy. Nauseous. A pounding migraine.
I didn't know what was wrong, but I knew that I was still incredibly sick. It had only been five days since I'd been released from hospital, and though I hated to admit it, I still had to be extremely careful. My mood had definitely changed since having John on the tour, but my condition didn't suddenly disappear like I thought it would. I thought everything would be perfect once John and I were reunited, but I guess not.

I let go of the bar swiftly, giving myself just enough time to race down the corridor and into the arena's backstage bathrooms. I felt my face flush, before breaking out into a cold sweat as I forced the door open and let the thick, warm liquid escape my mouth, for the second time today already. I continued to let the liquid come up and out of my mouth, into the toilet bowl as hot tears slid down my cheeks, though I wasn't upset. Just sick of vomiting.

"Kate?" I heard suddenly, the door to the women's bathroom slowly creaking open.

"In here," I replied, though weakly. I managed to pull myself up using the sides of the bowl, using a piece of toilet tissue to wipe my mouth.

I opened the door, to meet the concerned eyes of John, his eyebrows furrowed, his lips shaped into a pout.
"I'm fine," I answered before he even had time to ask the question.

"I'm not stupid Katy," He sighed, his eyebrows raised. He gently placed both of his hands on my wrists as he pulled me in closer to him, and I wrapped my arms around his waist. Just being with him made me feel instantly better, the familiar smell of his cologne so comforting. I felt him gently caress my back with his hand as he put his head on mine, the both of us silent. We both knew I was still incredibly sick, but we didn't want to discuss it. It was just too... Complicated. There was nothing I could do, I couldn't cancel the shows... I just had to deal with it.

"I'm surprised Tamra hasn't come to find and kill you already for what you did to her tonight on that birthday chair," He laughed gently, his grip around me still strong and protective. I never wanted to pull myself away from him, though we weren't even together.

We were still just two friends, but I wanted so much more than that. I wanted to be us again. I just didn't know how I could repair it.

"She was asking for it," I giggled in reply, moving my body so I could wrap my arms around his neck, staring into his eyes. I wanted to kiss him... So badly. But I knew I wasn't ready, and I didn't think he was either.

"Lucky you have me here to protect you for whatever revenge she has set, I'm sure she'll get it," He laughed, moving his hand to gently touch the side of my face.

I laughed, slowly easing myself onto my tip toes as I leaned in towards him. I closed my eyes, gently pecking his lips, feeling him start to kiss back, our mouths moving in sync.
I opened my eyes, realising what I had just done, and immediately put a stop to it, moving my head back.
Shit.

I quickly unwrapped my arms from his neck, pulling myself away from him, before making my way out of the door, leaving him in the bathroom alone.

Idiot move, Katy.