Chapter Twenty-Two: A Face To Call Home

Katy's POV:

I cried myself to sleep for what felt like hours after John had left.

I felt lost.
Confused.
Angry at myself for fucking things up yet again.

I knew it was completely uncalled for, for me to get angry at him like that. He was just trying to help and be supportive, and of course, my emotions took over and all I wanted to do was kiss him.

I knew he had made the right decision by putting a stop to it, because he was right, I probably would've regretted it, especially because it is definitely taking things too fast. I knew we had a long process to go through, and I wasn't even sure if we'd ever get back together.
I just couldn't help but feel rejected.

I heard my door slowly creak open, and a nurse peaked her head around the corner, smiling warmly as she made eye contact.

"Good morning Miss Hudson. How're you feeling this morning?" She said kindly, placing a tray of breakfast in front of me, though my body still refused to let me eat anything.

"Alright, just tired I guess," I said, wiping my eyes with the back of my hands.

"Doctor Daecher will be in shortly to assess the medication you're on right now and change your IV drip. Other than the tiredness, have you been feeling any other pain? Headaches? Nausea?" She said, smiling down at me and fixing my blanket.

"Not really anything different, I still feel sick whenever I try to eat... I usually just throw it back up, and I'm a little dizzy sometimes," I said honestly, though I really just wanted to leave already.

"I'll pass this onto your given Doctor, Miss Hudson. In the meantime, please try to eat the breakfast we have for you if you can," She said, adjusting the needle on my right arm before walking back.

"Okay," I replied bluntly, though we both knew it was no use. The nurse clicked the door shut behind her as she left, as I attempted to fix my hair that had fallen from the bun I had put it in last night.

Almost immediately after the nurse had left, the door to my room opened again, and I saw a dark-haired masculine figure make his way through quietly. I smiled at how gentle he was presenting himself... He must've thought I'd still be sleeping. He finally turned around after closing the door very gently, looking up to meet my eyes, who were already looking at him.

"Uh, hey, good morning..." He said, smiling cutely with his pearly whites, before placing one of the two coffees he'd had in his hands on my breakfast tray.

"Hey, thank you for coming," I said happily, my face breaking out into a huge smile.

"You don't need to thank me Katy, that's what I'm here for," He replied, his eyes sparkling as he walked closer.

"Look," I said, sighing. I knew I had to apologise right now, I felt awful about what I had said to him only hours ago. "About last night, I'm so sorry, I don't know why I did that... I didn't mean it," I trailed off, biting my lip in guilt.

"Don't apologise. It's okay. I understand, and I know you didn't mean it. We just need to focus on you and your health right now. Now drink your coffee and eat your breakfast miss," He said cheekily, raising his eyebrows amusingly.

I giggled at his silliness, before placing the warm coffee in my hands, warming up my body with it.

"Thanks for the coffee," I said, smiling at him as he got the chair he'd had yesterday and pulled it closer to the bed before sitting down.

"Anytime," He said cutely, winking as he watched me.

"How did you sleep? Are you staying somewhere close?" I asked, sipping my coffee carefully.