Chapter Twenty-Five: Wide Awake

John:
Can't wait to see you tonight baby. I love you xxx

I smiled as I placed my phone down onto the kitchen counter, walking over to the refrigerator to get a pre-made cup of fruit salad.

I couldn't wait to see John. Since getting back to Los Angeles nearly a week ago, we'd barely seen each other. John had to go into the studio everyday to work on his album, and I was at home resting. I had slept so much that I wasn't sure if I'd ever be able to sleep again, but I definitely had started to feel better. My skin had cleared and looked its normal colour, and my collarbone wasn't sticking out as much, a sign that I was gaining the weight back.

I couldn't believe that the European leg of my tour was over already, and now I only had the Asian and South American parts to go before the tour would be over. I loved what I got to do for a living, even if it was tiring. I was living my dream every single day, and I was constantly meeting goals I'd previously set for myself. It was only nearing the end of March, yet I had done so much this year already... The Super Bowl, the Grammy's, the tour.

I had my premiere for the concert film we shot for the Prismatic World Tour last night, which had been amazing. I loved getting to watch my hard work and passion come to life on the screen, though it was a shame my family couldn't attend.

I never really got time off, as such, but I was excited for the projects I had coming up. Especially the new album, which I had been working on in secret.

However, I was most looking forward to going to Montana, where John's family now lived. We had been invited to go out to celebrate his parents birthday's, which they were having a combined party for. I loved John's family, and I was definitely excited to relax in the beautiful countryside and spend some time with him.

We were leaving early tomorrow morning, and I had barely even packed yet. I looked at the time on the clock in the kitchen, 10:24AM. Shit.
I had my appointment at the hospital in an hour which I had totally forgotten about.

I went up the stairs to my bedroom, ripping the shirt I had of John's off and going into my walk-in robe. I had no idea what to wear, but I knew I had to dress low-key. I didn't want to be spotted going to the hospital, even though it was just for a check-up. I knew the paparazzi would have a field day and the rumours wouldn't stop. I didn't want anyone to find out about the exhaustion, that was the last thing I needed right now.

I located my favourite pair of distressed denim jeans, pairing them with a baggy band shirt that I'd had for years over the top. I put a pair of socks over my feet before sliding into a pair of combat boots, which definitely made me look very rock chic today.

I walked into the bathroom, letting my hair down from the bun I'd had it in from last night and letting the silky waves tickle my back as it fell down to just above my waist. I knew I had a meeting at Capitol afterwards, so I decided to put some light makeup on. I wasn't sure what time I'd get back, considering it was a tour meeting... They usually went for centuries.

I placed my powder brush on the counter, before combing my fingers though my hair. I wasn't too happy with my appearance today, but I didn't really care. I threw my hair into a high ponytail, walking back into my bedroom to reach in my Chanel bag for my Ray Bans, sliding them over my face.

.............................................................................

I was getting restless, and moved around somewhat uncomfortably in my chair in the waiting room. I'd been here for forty minutes already, and my appointment was supposed to be twenty minutes ago.

Typical, I thought to myself as I continued to flip through the pages of a magazine, trying to make myself look like a normal person. Strangely enough, there were no paparazzi outside my house this morning, which was a shock. Usually I would get completely bombarded when I was on break from tour, though I definitely wasn't complaining.