Chapter Thirty-Seven: An Enchanted Evening

I exhaled deeply as John and I looked at each other wide-eyed, smiling somewhat goofily at one another.

"Let's do this, babe," John whispered, squeezing my hand as we both started to walk towards where a majority of our friends and family were socialising. I felt myself start to shake a little, but John's tight grip around my fingers now made me feel comfortable about it.

"Everyone," John said loudly, over the music, making everyone simmer their conversations down and look at him, those who were further away start to walk towards us, as we stood on the grass near the outside lounges, our hands together.

"Katy would like to make a toast," He stated, looking down to me as he smiled. I consciously thanked him through a smile, though now I was definitely nervous. I'd thought about this moment for so long, that I guess I imagined it would never happen, but this was real, and there was no turning back now.

You can do this, Katy.

Everyone came over to us, making a group around us as they all smiled and continued light conversation. I took a deep breath, before starting my 'speech'. A speech I'd prepared consciously for weeks, practising it in the bathroom, something that I never seemed to get perfect, though I figured whatever came out of my mouth right now, was what was meant to be said.

"I would like to thank you all for coming here tonight," I said, smiling as my voice went shaky as I came into eye contact with my parents who were right in front of me.

"It means a lot to me that you are all here right now, celebrating with me. It's been an amazing year so far, and it's only going to continue to progress. I know that the next leg of the Prismatic World Tour starts tomorrow, which is why I thought it was so important that y'all are here with me, having a good time. Many of us are never in the same city, country, even Timezone most of the time. We are always spread out, and consumed in our own lives. Which is why it's so important for me to spend time with you all under one roof. There's no better feeling than love and positivity, and that's what you all radiate. I'm so happy to know each and every single one of you. I love you all so much, and you're all close to my heart. Whether you're in my professional or personal side, you're all family to me. And family, is what matters most." I stated confidently, all of my pearly whites on display as I let the adrenaline of the moment overtake me.

Everyone clapped loudly as they cheered at my words, making me smile further, but I wasn't finished. I'd worked up to it, and now this was it. No turning back. I looked over to to my right to meet the sparkling eyes of Angela, who was smiling gorgeously, edging me on to continue by batting her eyelids and clasping her hands together in anticipation.

"Which is why im excited to announce, that this might be the final year that I'm touring, at least for a while. Because..." I said, a lump forming in my throat, and I took a deep breath, inhaling as much air as I possibly could.

"Because... John and I are expecting a baby!" I finished, feeling an unimaginable wave of relief leave my body, though it was immediately replaced by nerves. I heard a gasp, the room falling silent, before looking over to see my Mom, her hand covering her mouth in shock, her eyes watering, but she looked... Happy.

The silence between everyone pierced my heart, and I wasn't too sure if this was exactly how I had prepared myself for it to be. My Mom, keeping her eyes on me, opened up her arms as she slightly edged her way towards me, everyone in the room with their eyes fixed on the both of us.

"Oh my Goodness, Katheryn!" She said as she kept her eyes on me, leading the silence in the room to be broken by loud cheering from everyone around us.

I immediately let go of John's hand to rush into her arms, my heart bursting with love. I heard everyone start clapping and cheering further as we reached each other, louder, happier and definitely more excited than before. Hearing the happy cheers of my family and friends was like music to my ears. This is all I ever wanted.