Chapter Twenty-Seven: Sweet Home, Montana

"Katy!" My mom exclaimed, running from the wooden door of my parents house.

Katy climbed out of the car, placing her Ray Bans onto the top of her head and walking over to Mom.

"Margaret! It's so good to see you," She replied, her arms now open as they hugged one another tightly. I smiled to myself as I closed the door of the car, placing Katy's overnight bag on my shoulder and walking up to the pair of them.

"Oh and John my darling! It's so good to see you too!" Mom said excitedly, her arm still holding onto Katy's as I hugged her from the side, my arm nearly giving way due to the weight of the duffle bag over my shoulder.

"You too, Mom. Though I have to say I feel like I'm third-wheeling here," I laughed, motioning with my hands at the both of them, who looked as smitten as each other.

"You know how I just adore this lady," Mom replied, smiling at Katy who blushed immediately. I loved the relationship Katy had with my family... It was like a sign for what's to come in the future. I knew I was going to marry Katy one day, I was determined.

"How was the trip?" My mom asked, her arms on both Katy and I.

"It was amazing!" Katy replied, her beautiful eyes blue, sparkling gorgeously in the sunset which was now upon us.

"Yeah, we did a lot of tourist kind of things, like go to the Grand Canyon and diners. It was really nice actually," I replied back, smiling at Katy.

"It was good to spend some time together," Katy said, smiling at me as she reached up to plant a soft kiss on my lips. I wanted more, but restricted myself in front of Mom.

"I'm so glad. Let's get you inside, your father is dying to see you," She said, opening the door as we followed behind her.

We were quickly met by my dog, Moose, who ran up to us as soon as the door was opened, jumping around excitedly.

"Moose! I've missed you bud," I said as I bent down to him, patting him encouragingly. Due to my busy working schedule and all the touring I've had to do over the past couple of years, I couldn't commit to looking after him, and six months ago my parents took him, which I was happy about, though I missed the company.

"He's so cute!" Katy giggled as she was met by the overly-excited dog, who was licking her legs as she crouched to pat him.

"John!" I heard my father, Richard, shout towards my direction, though I couldn't see him. I finally straightened myself up from Moose's level and eyed him, as he walked toward me, his eyes sparkling as he grinned.

"Dad, it's so good to see you!" I said, as I engulfed him in a hug, careful not to knock over the beer he had held in his hand.

"And you my son! How was the trip?" He asked, holding onto my shoulders, his face full of excitement.

"It was great. We're exhausted but it was really nice to spend some quality time together," I replied, my smile genuine and honest.

"Ah, Katy! You look more beautiful each time I see you," My dad said as he turned his attention to Katy, who was behind me with Mom. She blushed instantly, slightly shying from him. She was adorable.

"It's so good to see you Richard, it's been far too long!" She replied, hugging him as she giggled. She looked so happy, which then made the moment even more special.

"Yes, not since you did that ah, little gig, at the start of the year!" My dad laughed, causing the rest of us to giggle at his goofiness.

"I still can't believe you did the Super Bowl. You were just incredible honey," My mom chimed in, smiling brightly towards her.