Chapter Thirty-Four: My Own Prince Charming

I woke up, rolling onto my side, grunting as the sun hit my face. I quickly gripped my blanket and threw it over my face, attempting to get back to sleep. That was when all the incidents of last night suddenly flooded back, and my stomach twisted. There was no way I was getting anymore sleep now, and I reluctantly threw the blanket back off of me before easing myself off of my bed, placing my bare feet onto the fluffy carpeted floor of my bedroom. I sighed, thinking about what happened with John last night.

I couldn't even pinpoint a reason why we'd had that argument... It had all been just a complete misunderstanding. I let my insecurities overtake me, which made John think I didn't trust him, which wasn't true. I felt awful, but I knew I had to let him cool off for a while before I tried to fix things.

I walked down into the kitchen, switching the kettle on to boil, impatiently tapping my fingernails which had been painted a chic, black matte, against the cool marble of the island counter. I decided to look for my phone, which if I could remember right, was in the lounge room.

I found it, on the floor near the entrance wall. I suddenly had a flashback of coming home last night, throwing my phone against the wall angrily as I sobbed, running up to my bedroom. I picked it up, the small crack in the screen that hadn't been there previously making last night feel that much more real. I sighed, checking my notifications.

I checked my text messages, much to my disappointment there wasn't any from John, though I wasn't surprised. I wouldn't text myself if I were him either.

"Fuck, I'm such a bitch," I sighed as I placed my hand to my head, opening the other messages, which were from Tamra.

Tamra:
Hey sunshine. Don't forget you've got your final costume fitting today before rehearsal. Fitting will be at 11, rehearsal at 12. We need to make sure you can move around the stage before it gets taken to Asia. See you soon x

I totally forgot I had a fitting today, let alone a rehearsal. It was the last thing I felt like doing, I didn't feel like I had enough energy to rehearse the whole two hour, ten-minute show. I felt exhausted, but that was nothing new. I'd have to learn to take care of myself, because it wasn't just about me anymore. I had a family to cater to now, and this was my responsibility. I owed it to them to keep myself happy and healthy. I checked the time on my phone, seeing that it was already 10:17am. Shit, I thought. Tamra will be here any minute with the car.

I walked upstairs to my bedroom, the mug of coffee still in my hand, sipping it as I walked into my closet, trying to find some rehearsal attire. I placed my mug down on my dresser, before eyeing up a pair of booty shorts and a singlet. I placed them over my body, before reaching for my favourite Adidas sweater and placing it over, not zipping it fully.

I finally managed to find my pair of black and white Nike sneakers, slipping them on my feet before getting my coffee and walking downstairs, finishing it and placing it into the kitchen sink. I hadn't been bothered doing my makeup or hair today, instead I threw my hair into a ponytail, though it was only just long enough now, due to the haircut I got in Montana.

I heard keys in the front door, and almost instantly, Tamra appeared in the kitchen doorframe.

"Hey chicken! You ready to go?" She said happily, fiddling with her phone and wallet in her hand.

"I am! Let's go," I said almost as happily, plastering a smile onto my face. I couldn't be a grumpy shit forever, I knew I was lucky to live the life I had.

The drive to where the fitting and rehearsal was being held, at The Edge Performing Arts Center, felt like the longest drive of my life, though it was only really fifteen minutes. Tamra was going over my upcoming schedule with me, and I was definitely trying to listen, though my mind kept wandering. We finally pulled up, and I got myself out of the car, politely thanking the driver.