Chapter Twenty-Four: You & I

"Katy? Katy? It's time to wake up babe," I heard John's voice in the near distance, waking me up from my dream.

"No," I grunted, turning over to the opposite direction in which John's voice was coming from, trying to go back to sleep.

"You've been asleep all day... You have to start getting ready for the show soon," He replied, his voice light and soothing.

"I'm just so tired," I replied, ever so bluntly.

It was true. Over the past week I had been sleeping more and more each day, especially after I left the hospital. I was constantly tired, and my busy schedule definitely didn't help.

I knew I'd been diagnosed with extreme exhaustion and been told to rest immediately, but it was just so hard with the tour. I knew my health was important, but to me, it wasn't as important as my fans.

Instead of doing sightseeing, I had been sleeping straight from after doing a show to the next show, usually a day or two later. I would wake up, but only for small intervals. My body seemed to feel more and more tired, but there was nothing I could do about it. It just didn't go away.

"At least this is the last show, and then we can get you home to recover. I hate seeing you like this," I heard him say, as the bed moved underneath me at the weight of his body appearing beside me. I felt the hair that'd fallen over my face being lightly lifted and tucked behind my ear, his lips touching my forehead. I smiled at his touch, but I really did feel exhausted. I wanted to sleep forever.

"Babe," He said, signalling a frown and a grunt in reply from me. "You need to eat something before the show, and take your vitamins that the doctor gave you. You haven't had any since Wednesday, no wonder you're feeling like shit," He looked into my eyes, full of concern and worry.

"They're disgusting," I said, starting to fully wake up now, much to my dismay.

"You're disgusting," He replied, and I turned to face him instantly, my eyebrows furrowed. He has a smirk on his face, and he looked so cute with his hair gelled to the side. I slapped him playfully, my eyebrows raised.

He pulled me into him in retaliation, and I glued myself to his chest, basking in his warmth and his irresistible smell.

"But seriously, you need to get up," He laughed, as I moved my head up to kiss him, biting his bottom lip as I deepened the kiss. I felt him bring his body closer to mine, and I decided to keep teasing him. I carefully traced my fingernails across his torso, tickling him, as he gripped my back.

I broke the kiss, moving away from him, putting my legs onto the cold wooden floor of the hotel room and reaching for the robe, which was hanging on a hook near the door. I heard John sigh in defeat, and I turned back toward him, a smirk ridden on my face.

"You're such a tease," He grunted, his lips pouted as he pulled himself off of the bed and walked toward me.

"I know," I said, smiling at him as I turned around to walk into the kitchen.

"Are you excited for tonight? I can't believe it's the last show already," John stated, wrapping his hands around my waist from behind as I boiled the kettle in the kitchen.

"I know, it's gone so quick... I just hope I haven't let anyone down," I said honestly, chewing my lip as I turned to look at him.

"What do you mean by that?" He said, his face instantly changing to confused, his eyebrows furrowing.

"I feel like I haven't given these shows all of me. I've half-assed most of them... I feel like I'm letting my fans down, I'm hoping tonight I can do it better,"