Chapter 3

(Han Jisung)

After I arrived to school and kept my head on my school bag, I fell into a deep slumber. I was really tired because I had to work until midnight and then wake up at about 4 in the morning to cook some food for my parents. It would always happen to me everyday; it doesn't matter to my parents about my health or weel being. If say that I can't cook, I have to get ready for a beating session from one of them or the both of them together.

I was startled by the feeling of someone holding my shoulder and shaking me. I quickly sat up and looked around to the front, trying to find the person who woke me up. Then when I looked to my right, I saw a boy. He had a fair skin tone with chubby cheeks. He smiled and asked if he could sit next to me. He looked just like a bunny when he smiled. I was mesmerized by his beauty; I stared at him for a while and nodded in agreement.

Before coming to scholl, I thought to myself that if I do have a seatmate, I won't be talking with him. Normally, nobody would choose me as a partner or their seatmate since the time I began going to school. The only time I had a seatmate was when I was in kindergarten. That was the only memory I had of my childhood, that can actually be called as a memorable moment.

I kept my head back on the bag and stayed awake , listening to my surroundings. I turned my head to the boy's side and looked at him. His eyes were shut and he had earphones in his ears; seems like he was actually enjoying his playlist. When I saw him listening to music from whatever he was using, I felt a little envious about him. I actually don't have a smart phone or even the type that the old people use. The only thing I could do, when I was bored, was sleep or else look at nature. I never had a hobby as I was mostly busy with house chores and studies.

I stared at him, looking at his beautiful facial features until I heard the school bell ring for the first period.