Chapter 25

(Jeongin)

I finished arranging my toys, which I won from the amusement parks and was doing my homework before Sunday because I have a rehearsal at my school. I was about to go out of my room to ask for some help from Han for my English homework because Han is really good at it.

I went closer to the door and suddenly someone started banging on the door and shouting my name. I knew that it was my mother from the voice. I quickly his under my bed ,scared that she might come in and beat me up. Then I heard Han's voice; he said "Mom, stop it!" and then I heard a glass shatter.

My head went blank after hearing the noise. My adrenaline began to kick in. I was sweating and crying, afraid to open the door and see what has happened in the other side. But my body had automatically gone to the door and opened it to reveal a bleeding Han, lying on the ground. He was calling out for me, in a low voice.

Even when he was hurt, the only thing he remembered was me. I don't know what I have done to deserve a brother like him but he doesn't deserve to have this sort of sadness. And that was all because of me. When I was in kindergarten, he would tell me bedtime stories or his times in kindergarten. When I was sick, he would take care of me and tend to mez without even resting for days.

I went closer to him and as soon as he saw me. He let out a sigh and shut his eyes, smiling. I began to cry even harder. I was calling out for Han, even though I knew that he couldn't hear me. Suddenly, I heard a familiar ringtone coming form Han's room. I ran to Han's bedroom and quickly took the phone to my hands. I was shivering like a dog but I managed to get the phone and answer the call. I knew that it was Minho hyung. So I said "Minho hyung. Please come back."

"Hey kiddo. Calm down. Why are you crying?"

"Hannie got wounded. Please call an ambulance or something and come hyung. Please."

"Okay kiddo. I will call an ambulance. You just stay with your brother and wait for the ambulance to arrive. Understood?"

I hummed and then Minho hyung hung up the phone and I took the phone with me and ran back to the living room to check if an ambulance had arrived or at least some from our neighbouring apartments had arrived.