Chapter 24

(Han Jisung)

Jeongin and I both got home. I looked at the hallway and knew that mom had come back, from the shoes that were left in the hall. We both removed our shoes and went into the house and there was my mother, lying on a couch, with a beer bottle in her hand. She didn't hear us coming in so I whispered to Jeongin "Go to your room. Okay?" Jeongin nodded and went into his room, and I went to my room without making a single noise.

I entered my room, removed my clothes and changed onto new clothes. I took my books out to do my homework and some revision, if I had enough time to do any, before mom woke up.

I did all of the homework assigned by the teacher's. When I was about to organize my English assignment, I heard my mom shouting, banging on a door. I quickly kept the papers on the table and ran out of my room to stop my mother from breaking the door; she was trying to break Jeongin's bedroom door. I pulled her back from her arm and the next thing I saw red color. I collapsed to the ground. The only thing I remember was my other running away and Jeongin coming out of his room. After knowing that Jeongin was alright, I let out a sigh of relief and let the darkness come over my eyes.