Chapter 30

(Seo Changbin)

I went to the emergency room and saw ajeongin sitting ont he aisle, looking at the door, emotionlessly. He wasn't even crying. Usually kids would be crying a lot, wanting to go back home but this kid was exceptional. He wanst only mature than kids of his age, he was strong as well.

I went and sat beside him. He didn't notice me sitting right beside him. So I gave him hug. He quickly snapped out od his thoughts and turned to me. I smiled at him and asked "Hi Jeongin. Do you remember me?" He just nodded and I said "Well, that's nice. Let me introduce myself. My name is Changbin. And I am mister Minho's driver." He hummed in response.

Then I asked "Um. Jeongin, can I ask a question?"
"What?" He said with a blank voice and lookd at me blankly.
"Can you tell me what happened to your brother?"

Jeongin went silent. I started to panic. When I was about to tell him not to tell anything, if he was uncomfortable, he said "The only thing I heard was my mother and Hannie shouting and a glass shattering." Then a tear drop rolled down to his cheek.

I felt pity for Jeongin. I couldn't actually believe that these kids had such a life going on. Normally, I have the ability to understand people by the way they behave but I couldn't actually read their actions and know what sort of people they were. It must have been because I couldn't interact with them much. But these kids don't deserve to have that kind of people as their parents.

I hugged Jeongin and began to pat his head. I felt my shirt get wet and a pair of shaky hands hugging my waist. I went on patting his head and listening to the little boy.

(And for your information, I changed my shirt before coming to the hospital. I always have an extra shirt inside EMT car just in case of emergencies and today I changed my dirty, blood-filled shirt to a new shirt, thanks to the extra shirt that I had in my car.)