Chapter 47

(Jeongin)

The food that uncle Changbin gave me was really tasty. I ate two whole bowls of rice and now I am sitting in the same I was, holding my stomach. Uncle Changbin was washing the dishes. I got off the chair and stood beside uncle Changbin. I asked him if he needed any help cleaning the dishes. Suddenly, a lady came into the kitchen and called uncle Changbin. Uncle Changbin removed his apronn and bowed down to the lady. Then she looked at me. I also bowed down to the lady like uncle Changbin was doing and she began laughing.

I was confused. Why was she laughing and what was she laughing at? I was feeling nervous. My heart was beating really fast and I felt like my head was being light.

The lady said "You don't have to bow child. Just stand straight. Changbin you too." I looked at uncle Changbin and he was standing up so I also stood up straight. The lady was looking at my with eyes filled with fondness. Then she said "Aren't you going to introduce yourself to me?" I nodded and said "My name is Jeongin. I am Han's younger brother. Han is Minho hyung's friend." Then I bowed down as a gesture of respect. "What a respectful young man you are? I am Minho hyung's mother. So drop the formalities and just call me aunty." I bowed down again and said "Okay, aunty."

Then she looked at uncle Changbin and said "Changbin, can you come with me to look at the table that we have to order for Jeongin's room please?" My eyes went wide. Why were they buying a new table just for my short presence in this house? I broke into their conversation and said "I am sorry if I am snooping into something unnecessary but you don't have to buy a new table just for my short stay in here. I can handle my school work. So don't bother to buy a new table just because I am here aunty. If you want, just give me an old table that Minbi hyung used before."

She looked at me and said "We don't have Minho's old tables because we gave all of them away for charity."
"Oh. Then it's okay. I will work in my bedroom without a table. I usually don't get much homework from school. So it's okay. You don't have to buy a new table aunty."

She lifted her hands like she was surrendering to the police and said "Okay then. If you don't want it, then I won't get it." I bowed down as a thanking gesture. Aunty left and uncle Changbin continued washing the dishes. I was standing beside him watching him wash the dishes. I always did that when Hannie washed the dishes back at home.

While uncle Changbin was washing, he told me to go the living room and do anything I wanted. I followed his order and left the kitchen. He must have felt uncomfortable from the way I was staring at him, washing the dishes.

I went to the living room and looked at the floor. I was standing on a black tile. I smiled and hopped from one black to another. I tried to spin inside the box that I was standing on. I would dance to some random song that came up in my mind. Usually I do it whenever I am all by myself. I sing random songs and dance to them for fun.