Chapter 7

(Han Jisung)

I went into the classroom and sat on the seat in the back. I sat down and kept my head down on table to take a short nap until the teacher arrived to the classroom.

Suddenly, I heard some footsteps coming closer to me. I thought that it was the teacher and lifted my head to see. But for my own surprise, it was Minho who had come to my side. We both stared at each other for a while and Minho said " Can I sit next to you?" I just nodded.

I didn't want to talk to Minho because I thought that I would irritate him. So I just stayed quietly and listened to whatever he had to say. I did that to everyone, I never try to respond to anyone because they mostly, tease me or disgrace me.

The maths teacher entered the classroom and all of the students stood up to greet him. We sat back on our seats and the teacher said "Good morning children. As today is your first day of school, I will be giving you guys a small quiz. You guys can pair up with your seat partners and discuss the answers." I looked to my right side and Minho looked back at me smiling. He said "I'll be working with you Han." I nodded and the teacher apssed the quiz that he had prepared for us. After the teacher saw that all of the students had gotten the quiz, he left the classroom, leaving the students, all by themselves.

I took the appear and read all of the questions. All of those questions were super easy. I took my pen and was about to begin answering the questions when I felt  Minho tapping on my shoulder. I turned to him to see why he called me. He smiled and said "Can you teach me how to do these questions please?" I stared at him for a while, confused about how he didn't understand to solve the questions. I said, in a low voice, "Okay. Which question do you want me to teach you?" Minho pointed the question out and I taught him how to solve the problem.

After a while of teaching him how to solve the problems, I looked back at my paper and began answering the questions while he answered his. Within a few minutes, I finished the paper, kept the pena side and stretched my body because I was feeling a little sore. Then I looked to Minho's side and saw that he had already finished his questions as well. He was just checking them again to make sure that there were no mistakes.
I kept my head down on the table and began to stare at Minho. He looked so serious when he was checking on his answers. I hope that I could be a friend of his, but I am not sure whether I will be a good friend. I am actually not a good son and ever since kindergarten, I was never able to make friends because of my introvertness.

I snapped out of my thoughts when Minho called out my name. He said "Han?" I quickly sat up straight. Then he said "Can we talk until the teacher collects the sheets?" I agreed with it and he began to ask about my whereabouts and everything. I didn't tell much about anything. I simply answered the question without explaining it deeply. Then I asked about his whereabouts and he went on explaining about everything that he has and used to have.

It was fun listening to his voice. His voice was so perfect. It felt like honey to my ears when I heard his voice. His voice perfectly matches with his appearance. He didn't have a very deep voice or a very high voice. He just had normal tone in his voice.

Finally, after a long time of speaking, the teacher came back to thevcalssroom and collected the papers.