Chapter 43

(Lee Minho)

I sat up straight and Changbin sat next to me. We both sat there silently in an awkward silence. Then Changbin spoke, breaking the silence, "We will have to move a desk to the guest room that Jeongin is in." I nodded and said "I told mom to ask dad to find out some information about Han's family background." Changbin looked at me wide-eyed and asked "How can you not know about that kid's family background if you guys were best friends for almost a year?"

"You can't blame me. He never brings up anything about his parents and he never tends to answer question about his family. Whenever I ask something about his family, he would change the topic into something else." I said.

Changbin face-palmed and shook his head. Then he said "That kid, Jeongin, is merely having depression because his brother is in the hospital. All this time I was with him, the only thing he did was cry." Then he let out a sigh of disappointment.

Then I said "Hey, if Han and Jeongin were rk be removed from their parents, who do you think would be their guardian because Han has never spoken about any close relative that he has." Changbin thought about it and said "I think your mother and father might adopt them. Because you have already told them about what had happened today. Why do you ask?"

"I want to ask for a favour from you if that would happen."  Changbin raised his eyebrow and gave me a questioning look and I said "I want you to be their guardian because if my parents become Han's guardians, I won't be able to do a certain things."

"And what will that be?" Changbin asked while giving me a sly grin.
"Well, can you remember when I was in kindergarten I was talking about a guy that I fell in love with?"
"Hm. I can't quite remember but what about that kid?"
"Actually Han is the person that I have been crushing on. And now that I met him again after a long time, I asked him to be friends with me. Today I was going to ask if he would be my boyfriend but at that moment you called me and ruined the moment." I could feel my cheeks heating up and I knew that my face had turned red after I finished explaining Changbin the reason why he would have to adopt Han and Jeongin.

Changbin made his mouth in an 'O' shape as if he realized something. He looked at me, smirked and said "So that was why you were staring at the ceiling and smiling to yourself. I thought that you were going crazy, but seems like you are just a young teenager who is love-struck by a certain someone." I gave him a small punch And he began to laugh.