Chapter 11

(Han Jisung)

I actually didn't recognize that it was my friend from kindergarten when I saw him for the first time after years. When I first met him at kindergarten, he looked like a cute kitten; the only things missing were the cat ears, cat paws and tail.

At the beginning, when he told me what I had told to him when we were in kindergarten, I was confused. But after thinking for a while, I remembered who I had told that to.

I actually didn't remember my only friend's name because life has been a little too rough for me since elementary school. When I was in kindergarten, it was only at school that I had to suffer. But when I entered elementary school, things started to turn into a completely different thing. My brother was born to our family. I thought that me having a younger brother would be the best thing that would happen in my life but, ever since he was jorn my parents changed form their past selves. (I am not blaming my brother for being born or anything. It was just that my father gets drunka ll the time and comes back home with some woman. And my mother who sees it all the time, beat my brother up for being born. I don't know why but she just does that without a heart. she even gave up on giving him milk because of our father.) My mother would beat us up or throw us out of the house until we reflect on our actions, which we don't even know. I would normally get all the beatings because I could never let my brother get hurt.

When Minho asked me if he was handsome than his old self, I felt my face hear up and my intestines tying in knots. I felt so shy that if elt like I was inside of a volcano. I quickly took his lunch box and began eating his food, while he ate mine. I fed some of his food while he gave me a bite from mine. After the bell rang, we stood up from our spots and Minho asked me if I would like to come ad have lunch together with him. I agreed to it because it has been a long time since kindergarten and I wanted to be friend switch him again.

I felt contented about Minho recognizing me, despite the fact that I couldn't even recognize him at all, and asking me to have lunch with him because I actually wanted to be Minho's friend from the ver beginning of the day. But I couldn't bring myself to ask him if he would like to be with me.