Chapter 5

(Han Jisung)

I sat up straight after hearing the first bell ringing. I looked to my desk mate and realized that he didn't hear the bell by the way he was listening to music, u bothered.

I tapped his shoulder and he slowly turned his head while removing his earphones. I said "The bell rang and the home room teacher will be coming to the classroom. That's why I called you." The boy smiled and thanked me.

I faced forward as I heard the teacher's footsteps. It was something that I had to do most of the time when I was with my parents because they would go out and come back home, drunk and search for me to beat me up. Eventually, this turned into something that I couldn't give up.

The teacher kept his things on the table and greeted us. All of us stood up from our chairs, greeted him back and sat on our seats. Then the teacher said "Good. Today is your first day of high school and I will be your homeroom teacher for this year. My name is Christopher Chan. Whenever you guys have any kind of issues within your classmates or even with the teacher's, just come to me and inform me." All of the kids were silent while Mr.Chan was explaining everything about how this year will be and the school'srules. I was concentrated on the explanation because I didn't want to break any rules by being careless.

After he finished explaining, he took his file and said "Now that I have finished explaining, I will mark your attendance." He began reading the names in the paper. After a long time, he said "Han Jisung?" and looked up. I raised my hand to show my presence. He marked my name and said "Lee Minho?" Then the guy who was sitting nextd to me lifted his hand.

'Minho'. That's a beautiful name. I think it perfectly matches him. After another two more names, Mr.Chan left the classroom. I stood up from my seat and left for my class. I had mathematics as my first class. I didn't want to be late to my first class on the first day of school.