𝘵𝘸𝘰 - 𝘢 𝘴𝘶𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘺-𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦

— • — • — • — ꧁꧂ — • — • — • —

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨𝑎 𝑠𝑢𝑛𝑘𝑒𝑛 𝑔𝑟𝑎𝑑𝑦-𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑡𝑒

"SCOUT!" POPE SAID happily, the dog licking his leg in affection. John B drove away and JJ pushed Leilani over to make room for Scout. "Is my dog more important than me?" Leilani asked JJ as Scout hopped onto the seat.

JJ didn't answer, Scout in his toned arms and Leilani smiled, standing up and making her way towards Kie. She pulled her crop top over her head, the muscles in her back from surfing exposed, and JJ couldn't keep his eyes off of her. Pope threw an empty can of beer at him as he got up to switch out with John B and JJ averted his eyes.

"Anything new with good, old Rachel, Leila?" John B asked, drinking from a bottle of beer as Leilani sat down with Kie, pulling her hair from its bun and letting the black waves fall.

She shrugged. "She yelled at me for not eating at the table this morning." Leilani declined the beer JJ offered her and took a water from Kie's cooler.

"Are the brats still being shitheads?" Kie asked, pulling her own t-shirt off.

Leilani nodded. "Caitlin tried to take my clothes and then she got mad when I told her not to." she said as JJ stood up, placing his hat backwards on Leilani's head.

"Doesn't she have her fancy Kook clothes?" Pope asked, making the boat run smoothly.

JJ grabbed a beer as Leilani nodded, adjusting JJ's hat but leaving it on her head. "Let me show y'all a party trick." JJ said as Kie and John B clinked their beer bottles together.

        "Terrifying." Kie commented as JJ made his towards the bow of the boat.

        "What are you doing?" Leilani asked, peering up at JJ from where she sat at the front of their rundown boat.

        "You might want to move, darling." JJ teased and Leilani cringed, standing up and locking eyes with Kie.

        "Never call me that again." Leilani moved to where her dog laid on the seats across from Kie sitting beside him with her legs crossed.

        "Hey, Pope, can you go a little faster, please?" JJ requested, and everyone sighed as they realized what he was trying to do.

       "Oh, God. Here we go. I'm movin'." John B said, rushing to sit behind Pope to protect himself.

        Pope sped the boat up. "It doesn't work." he said, squinting from the harsh sunlight.

        Leilani pushed herself away from JJ as he stood up on the bow. "We've tried this like 6,000 times, JJ." she prepared for the influx of beer droplets that would be coming her way.