𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 - 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘨𝘰

— • — • — • — ꧁꧂ — • — • — • —

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 — 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑔𝑜

LEILANI SETTLED IN the back of the van with Bryce as JJ drove the van to Barry's house. "Are you okay?" Leilani knew it was a stupid question, but she had to ask him.

        Bryce shrugged, JJ driving the Twinkie to the gunman's house. "Does this always happen to you guys?" he asked, fixing his blonde curls.

        "Seems like it, this summer at least." Leilani answered, pushing her initial necklace between her teeth to bite on it, helping with her nerves.

        JJ parked the Twinkie in front of the gunman's house. "Welcome to Crackhead Wasteland." Sarah said distastefully.

        "I don't know about this, man," Pope said nervously. As JJ turned the car off, John B pushed his hand against his head repeatedly. "Dude, why are we at Barry's?"

        "This'll only take a second." JJ said, getting out of the van.

        He walked to the door, Leilani pulling open the back door. "Where are you going?" John B called after him.

        "Yo soy justicia." JJ said in broken Spanish, walking through the screened porch.

        "Did you gleam anything from that?" Pope asked aloud, Leilani's legs hanging out of the van.

        "I only know Hawai'ian," Leilani said quietly. She stood up, attempting to go after JJ. "I'll go talk to him."

        John B stopped her, opening his door. "Wait, wait, let me." he stood in front of Leilani, a frown arriving on her face.

        "Why?" she questioned, straightening her tank top.

        "Are you gonna yell at him? Tell him he's an idiot?" John B questioned.

        Leilani shook her head. "Absolutely not."

        "Then stay here." John B turned and walked in Barry's house, Leilani rolling her eyes and going back to her previous position.

        A few minutes later, JJ came out of the house with a duffel bag, John B trailing after him with his head hung low. Leilani rolled her eyes, having known from the start that John B's approach wouldn't have done anything. Leilani stood with Sarah, while Pope and Kie were in front of them. Bryce still sat in the car. "All right, so we're looking at four grand each for reparations for putting us through that bullshit. Sorry about that, y'all."