𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 - 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘧𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴

— • — • — • — ꧁꧂ — • — • — • —

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 — 𝑔𝑖𝑟𝑙 𝑓𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑠

AT THE CHATEAU, Leilani sat on the arm of the chair JJ was on, holding Scout's paws in her hands as he stood on his hind-legs. Pope sat beside JJ on a stool. Kiara was pacing the entire porch, outraged that Sarah and John B were sitting across from her. "No effing way! You brought her here? So, what? She's in on this now?" Kiara said angrily.

John B looked to his three friends for backup. "I dunno." Pope mumbled, shaking his head.

"Look, all I care about is her cut comes out of your share." JJ said, Leilani rolling her eyes at his priorities.

She said nothing, and instead played with her dog. "You know, I don't remember taking a vote. This is our thing. A Pogue thing." Kiara continued. Leilani wouldn't tell her right then that she wasn't even technically a Pogue, because she would always defend her best friend in public, and correct her in private.

"I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this." Pope said, seated beside JJ.

"Thank you!"

"When are you not uncomfortable?" John B said, surprised that his friends weren't automatically on her side.

"I dunno, I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably." Pope countered.

Leilani smiled, dropping Scout's paws, the dog curling up at JJ's feet. "It's true. Most relaxed I've ever seen him." JJ added, his blonde hair messy. Leilani had the sudden urge to fix it, but she didn't.

"That's cute." she said, speaking up for the first time.

"Leils? Opinion, please?" John B said, eager to hear what Leilani would say.

Leilani stood up, walking to her backpack. "You're an idiot." she said simply, shrugging as she removed her water bottle that had a half-finished bracelet tied to it.

John B raised his middle finger to her as she passed and sat down on the chair besided JJ. "I'm serious, Leila. What do you think?" John B asked again.

Leilani sighed, leaning back against JJ's arm that was sprawled across the top of the chair. "This is weird, John B. All of a sudden, you're obsessed with rich Barbie and are trying to rope her into all of this. It's awkward for all of us." she said, looking down at her bracelet, taking the strings in her hands to begin working on it.

"You know, we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her." Kie said. JJ glanced at Pope over Leilani's head, bringing his hand down to hold her shoulder. JJ had of course told Pope everything on the way to KMR.