𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦 - 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

꧁ - - - - - - ✧ - - - - - - ꧂

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞 — 𝑔𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛

AS THE RAIN poured over Kildare Island, the four friends perched themselves at a fence, anxiously awaiting Ward and Gavin's conversation. Leilani was tucked between JJ and Pope, her body soaked and her hair wet, shivering. She was attempting to keep her cast dry but was ultimately failing. JJ had given up on being warm and had given his girlfriend his hoodie, pulling the hood over her head. Pope pulled out an old fashioned camera. "Nice camera. Where'd you dig up that relic? Why don't you just use your phone?" JJ said to Pope, his arm pulling Leilani into his embrace.

        "Well, first of all, I like my antique electronics. Second of all, this is a telephoto.  It allows me to get a close image from far away." Pope explained, looking at JJ over Leilani's head. Leilani was never able to forget how short she was compared to her friends. JJ was easily nine inches taller than her, and he rubbed it in her face any chance he got.

        "Lord of the dorks." Kie commented, standing on Pope's other side.

        Pope turned to Kiara. "For definitive proof of witness payoff, we're gonna need quality glass. There he is." Pope said, alerting the group about Ward rushing towards the surf shack across the street.

        "Yo, get down." JJ gently shoved Leilani's head down as Ward neared.

        Pope propped his camera over the edge of the fence. "And there's Gavin," both men were running through the rain, trying to get somewhere dry. "Where are you going, you son of a bitch?" Pope mumbled, the camera recording everything Ward and Gavin did. "No, no, no. I'm losing him!" Pope said in alarm as Ward and Gavin started going up some stairs.

        "Shit. Where are they going?" Leilani asked nervously, peering over the edge of the fence in a futile attempt to find the men.

        JJ left her side. "Hold on," he moved away from them, whistling to get their attention. "Yo! Hey. I found something. Come here." he waved them over to a ladder.

        "Look at you go." Leilani teased, pecking JJ's cheek as she passed him, his wet sweatshirt consuming her.

        "Gotta go uptop. That'll work." JJ beckoned Leilani to go in front of him, and he watched her carefully as she climbed with one hand, her bulky cast useless.

        "Hurry. Don't want to miss anything." Kie climbed up behind JJ.

        They found a nice spot right out in the open of the rain and lightning storm for Pope to get a clean shot at Gavin and Ward. "You rolling, Pope?" JJ asked.