𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 - 𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴

— • — • — • — ꧁꧂ — • — • — • —

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝑓𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑠

THE SUN SHONE brightly into Leilani's bedroom the next morning. As she blinked her eyes open, her eyesight was far too blurry for her to see anything specific. But she could tell by the strong arms around her that JJ was in her bed. Leilani recalled right before she fell asleep that JJ, from the floor, claimed he was too cold. She smiled to herself when she remembered almost pulling him into her bed, falling asleep on his chest.

        JJ's blonde hair mixed with Leilani's black curls as their bodies occupied her soft bed. Their limbs were tangled together, Leilani having a leg thrown over JJ's thighs, his arms encasing her to his chest firmly. Leilani smiled, lifting her head above his shoulder, her arm reaching towards her nightstand in search for her glasses. "What are you doing?" JJ asked, voice hoarse and raspy. His blue eyes remained closed, set on staying asleep.

        "I can't see. I'm blind." Leilani said, and JJ cracked a smile. He opened his eyes, reaching to the nightstand and taking Leilani's glasses into his hand. JJ turned back to her, sliding the eyewear onto her face.

        "How's that?" JJ asked as Leilani adjusted her glasses, peering at him through the lenses.

        She smiled. "They're great. Did you sleep good?" Leilani sat up, finding Scout in his bed next to her dresser.

        JJ flopped onto his back. "I love your bed." he said, his muscles beneath his shirt on full display.

        Leilani stepped out of her bed, running a hand through her messy hair. "Don't get used to it. If my dad finds out you slept over, he'd kill us both." Leilani warned, yawning and moving to her dresser. It was too late for a morning training session, and she wasn't in the mood for surfing that day.

        JJ sat up, the sheets pooling at his waist. "Why do you let me come over so much more than John B and Pope?" he asked curiously as Leilani pulled out a pair of shorts, a long sleeved white KMR shirt and socks.

        She shrugged. "They're always welcome here, they know that. But John B has the Chateau, and Pope has Mr. and Mrs. Heyward." Leilani explained, unsure of why JJ was so interested all of a sudden.

        "And I have nobody but a drunk for a dad?" JJ said, looking down at Leilani's bed.

        She frowned. "No. I mean, yes, but no. You're my best friend, J. I love all of you, but out of the guys, you're my best friend. I let you come over because I like sharing my life with my best friend." Leilani explained, petting Scout's golden fur. She was the sun, and JJ was the moon, and they just fit together like that.