𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 - 𝘱𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴, 𝘱𝘢𝘸𝘯𝘴

— • — • — • — ꧁꧂ — • — • — • —

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝑝𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒𝑠, 𝑝𝑎𝑤𝑛𝑠

PARKING HER CAR beside the Twinkie, Leilani, JJ and Bryce all got out, walking over to Kie, Pope, Sarah and John B. JJ and Bryce joined John B and Pope, and Leilani conviened with Sarah and Kie in the back of the Twinkie. Kie held the drawing Pope had done after hearing what Leilani had described from the well. "He said you said it looked something like this." Kie said, giving it to Leilani.

Her face scrunched up in confusion, finding the owner of the paper. "How'd you get 25 feet?" Leilani asked Pope, her finger tracing what Pope had drawn.

Pope turned around. "That's what you said." he reasoned.

Leilani shook her head. "50. I measured in 25 feet incriments," she explained, looking back at her friends. "Does anyone actually listen to me?"

Kiara shrugged. "They're using 100 feet rope. So I guess this little wagon will go... straight to the gold room." Sarah and Leilani chuckled at that.

"Who drew this?" Sarah asked with a smile.

"Who do you think?" Kie laughed, turning her head to where Pope, John B and Bryce were working.

Leilani looked down at the paper again, finding a pencil in the back of the van. "Pope, can I redo this?" she asked, waving the paper in her hands. Pope just rolled his eyes, getting back to helping John B and Bryce, and Leilani started fixing the design of the well and the gold room.

JJ walked over to the Twinkie. "Kie! This better work," he dropped the gold bars to the floor of the van, leaning against the door beside Leilani, who was squatted on the ground and using the bottom of the van to fix the drawing. "We can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it."

Kie grabbed a blowtorch. "It's gonna work." she said confidently.

Sarah and John B sat against a tree, watching as Kie melted the gold down in a pot. Pope, JJ, Leilani and Bryce all watched Kie work, smiling as the gold was melting. Once it cooled to a solid block, the group piled into the Twinkie and drove to the pawn shop. "Hell of a job melting it down, Dr. Frankenstein." JJ commented, holding the brick as he climbed out of the van.

"Frankenstein was a necromancer, not a chemist." Leilani corrected JJ, using his outstretched hand to pull herself out of the van.

JJ rolled his eyes at her. "Like you could've done any better." Kie retorted.