𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳 - 𝘬𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭

— • — • — • — ꧁꧂ — • — • — • —

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝑘𝑖𝑠𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑙

JOHN B DROVE the boat back to the Chateau, the group dispersing from there. Leilani had already gotten permission to spend the night at John B's, as did Pope. The boys settled outside and Leilani went into the house, shutting the bathroom door once she was inside. She stripped out of her damp bathing suit and pulled on a pair of athletic shorts, a crop top and one of JJ's hooded sweatshirts.

        She took her hair out of its bun, combing it out and leaving it down to dry against her shoulders. As she freshened herself up, JJ, Pope and John B had a quiet conversation on the front porch. "You kissed her twice?" John B asked, his broken wrist resting in his lap.

        JJ nodded. "Yeah. Now what do I do?" he asked, constantly checking that Leilani wasn't around.

        Pope shrugged. "Why're you asking us? You're the one who's hooked up with girls before." the dark-skinned boy said, sitting in the red armchair.

        "Yeah, but I actually care about her. I like her, you know." JJ was kind of embarrassed to be talking like this. John B had been his best friend since elementary school, and he could tell his crush on Leilani was only growing.

        John B sighed. "Just talk to her, man. Go in there and talk to her." JJ rolled his eyes at the advice and stood up, opening the door and walking into the living room.

        He couldn't find Leilani, and as he turned to look in one of the bedrooms, the bathroom door swung open and she emerged, almost walking straight into JJ's bare chest. "Oh. Hi." Leilani smiled, surprised that JJ was there.

        JJ smiled back. "Hey. What are you doing?" he asked, following Leilani as she stepped into the living room, dropping her bag on the couch.

        She shrugged. "Nothing."

        JJ had the instinct to push Leilani's drying curls over her shoulder, and she smiled as he did. "Is that my hoodie?" he asked, hand sliding from Leilani's shoulder down to her wrist.

        "Maybe. What would you do if it was?" Leilani teased as JJ laced their fingers together.

        He leant closer to her, a gentle grip on the back of her neck as his lips molded to hers, Leilani's eyes falling shut. She placed her free hand on his shoulder, smiling as they broke apart. "That." JJ whispered against her lips, his voice raspy in her ears.

        "In that case..." she kissed him again, finding herself backed gently against a nearby wall, JJ's hands at her waist. "You're good at that." Leilani exhaled, her hands holding JJ's in place.