𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 - 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨

꧁ - - - - - - ✧ - - - - - - ꧂

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 — 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔

AT THE SHERIFF'S Station, Leilani and Kiara sat in chairs in Shoupe's office. They had just given him the gun, and explained the signifigance of. JJ and Pope stood beside the girls, JJ closest to Leilani. "So y'all are telling me this is the firearm Rafe Cameron killed Peterkin and Kai with?" Shoupe asked, the gun before him on is desk.

"That's exactly what we're telling you, Shoupe." JJ said.

"I saw it on the tarmac. He aimed it at me." Leilani spoke up, her skin disgusting and her clothes tarnished from being in the sewers.

"It's the exact same firearm that Ward just used to kill Gavin." Pope added.

Shoupe sighed. "And where's that corpse again?"

"Didn't you look?" Kie asked, sitting beside Leilani.

"I checked the hosptial. I went by his house. He was out." Shoupe revealed.

"He was out?" Kiara gaped.

"No shit! 'Cause he's dead!" JJ shouted, frustrated.

"Shoupe, listen to yourself. It makes perfect sense!" Kie pushed and Leilani frowned. He didn't believe them.

"Just because he's not in his damn home does not mean he was a victim of a homicide." Shoupe said firmly.

Leilani scoffed. "You know who else was the victim of a homicide? My dad. But you don't care about him, or catching the guy that killed him!" she raised her voice, the beginning of her sentence mixing with Kie and JJ's angered shouts.

"Are you at least gonna send it in for ballistics and shit, or are you just gonna sit on your ass?" Kie said to Shoupe, JJ throwing his hat off of his head.

"He'll sit there and wax that damn mustache. Is that even real?" JJ words were only making the situation worse and Leilani sighed, leaning back in her chair.

"I'll wax this—" Shoupe stood up as Pope tried to quiet JJ.

"Shut up, JJ!" Pope shouted, pushing his blonde best friend back.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I hurt his feelings?" JJ said, looking away when Leilani turned to him, mad.

"Shut up!" Pope yelled.

Shoupe opened the door to his office. "Get out. I got work to do. Y'all are smelling up my office."

"Are you serious?" JJ muttered, angry.