𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 - 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵

— • — • — • — ꧁꧂ — • — • — • —

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 s𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝑎𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑚𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡

KIARA AND POPE piled into the brunette's car, waving as Kie drove away. Leilani opened up the back door of her car and Scout jumped in, immediately laying down on the seats as JJ sat in the front seat. They talked quietly as Leilani drove the pair to her house on Figure Eight. It was a miracle Topper wasn't outside when they pulled into the driveway.

        JJ opened the door for Scout, following Leilani up the front steps. "Dad?" Leilani called into the house, noticing it was unusually empty. She found a note on the kitchen counter written by Kai, explaining how he was stuck with the night shift at work, and Rachel, Bryce and Cait were out of town for a few days. Leilani almost smiled. "Do you want to stay over?" she asked, turning to JJ.

        Surprised, JJ leant against the counter with his arms crossed. "Seriously?" JJ asked, taking his hat off of his head, a hand falling through his blonde hair.

        Leilani nodded. "It's late, and JB's wherever, so why not?" JJ hid his smile at Leilani's words, his gaze remaining soley on her, and on her newest wounds.

        "I want to see your room." JJ pushed himself off the counter, advancing towards the staircase with Leilani in tow.

        She pushed open her bedroom door, flipping the light on, her white walls with the soft blue accent coming to life. Leilani loved her room, and she loved designing it when she and Kai moved into the house. Her furtiture was a soft wood color, her bedspread light pink with her sun stuffed animal against her pillows.

        Leilani had a surfboard in the corner of her room, a patterned rug on her hard floors. Her ukuele was on a shelf with her books, a chest full of surfing essentials beside her desk. There was a full length mirror near her door, pictures and stickers pasted to it. She had shells, jewelry and other little decorations on her dresser, stringed lights across her window seat.

        The room was perfectly Leilani, and JJ took in every part of it. "Is this your nationals board? The one you won with?" JJ asked, pointing to the blue board that hadn't been used in years.

        The girl nodded. "Yeah, in Hawai'i." all of Leilani's trophies and awards were stored in her make-shift surf shack. She didn't like displaying them in her bedroom. Most of them came with cash prizes, which had been spent on rent, electricity, food and water back when she and Kai struggled on the Cut.

        "Where's your one from last year?" JJ moved to sit on Leilani's bed, taking her small sun in her hands.

        Leilani sat across from him, spinning around in her desk chair to face him. "In the garage. It's retired. I might move it up here, put it somewhere." she shrugged, a conch shell she had found in her hands. JJ nodded, wincing as his face began to hurt more from the punches Rafe and Kelce had landed on him. Leilani stood up, taking JJ by the hand and leading him into her bathroom.