𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦 - 𝘤𝘢𝘪𝘵𝘭𝘪𝘯'𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘥𝘦

꧁ - - - - - - ✧ - - - - - - ꧂

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 — 𝑐𝑎𝑖𝑡𝑙𝑖𝑛'𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑑𝑒

LEILANI DIDN'T REALIZE until she heard the news that John B's court date was directly after hers, three days after he was arrested. During those three days, the Pogues were all broken. Leilani was grounded and Rachel took her phone away, leaving her growing sicker and sicker in her bed all alone. She wasn't able to go to KMR, or see her friends, or her boyfriend.

Her cast was finally removed from her wrist, closing that awful chapter of Leilani's life hopefully forever. "Leilani! I am leaving right now!" Rachel yelled, marching up the stairs.

Leilani coughed, her body trembling and her extremities feeling some numbness. "Okay." she answered, laying in her bed with a heating pad on her forehead to diminish her headache and dizziness.

Rachel pushed her bedroom door open. "I'll be back with Cait and Bryce in two hours. I want you ready to go to court when I get back." the woman instructed.

Nodding, Leilani cuddled her sunflower stuffed animal to her chest. "I'll be ready." she said quietly. Leilani had been in such a depressive state since John B was arrested that she barely even left her bed. She tried to go surfing, she tried to do anything, but she just couldn't.

Rachel frowned and sat on the edge of Leilani's bed. "You're still feeling sick?" Rachel had supressed her smile when Leilani told her of her symptoms. Everything was working. When Leilani didn't say anything, Rachel assumed the answer. She put her step-daughter's phone on her nightstand, placing a fresh mug of tea beside it. "Drink. I'll be back." Rachel left the room and the house.

Leilani pushed herself into a seated position, drinking the sweet tea and checking her phone. She responded to all of her friends text messages with the same answer. 'I'm fine.' she said the same even to JJ. They didn't need to know the details, she would tell them after court.

She forced herself out of bed a while later and trudged to her dresser, pulling on a pair of jeans and an off-the-shoulder white sweater. It was cool out, so she tamed her curls the best she could into a clip, a few pieces framing her face. Leilani pulled her shark necklace, her initial necklace and one of her beaded chains free, arranging them on her neck, her rings catching the light from her fairy lights. Leilani put in her contacts and made her bed, pulling her converse on her feet.

As she went to go downstairs, she saw that Rachel's bedroom door was open. It was never open, it was always closed and locked. Leilani took the opportunity. No one was home. If she suspected Rachel as a player in Kai's death, Leilani needed to search. She slipped inside Rachel's room, being sure to leave the door exactly where she found it. It was a weird feeling to be in the room that Kai once lived in. Leilani started snooping, putting everything back the way it was.