𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 - 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘲𝘶𝘢𝘥

— • — • — • — ꧁꧂ — • — • — • —

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑡ℎ 𝑠𝑞𝑢𝑎𝑑

KIE WANTED TO do something normal for a change, so she forced Pope, JJ and Leilani to go to the summer movie that was playing that evening. Leilani and Pope drove together in her car, leaving Kie and JJ in Kie's car. When they arrived, Pope and JJ took the chairs while Leilani and Kiara walked ahead of them, Leilani holding Scout's leash. "I'm so glad that they're still doing this. Keep calm, carry on. Back to OBX life. You know? Aren't you glad I made you come?" Kie questioned her friends.

        "Ecstatic." Pope said, beginning to set up the chairs as they found a spot.

        "My couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest." JJ said, shrugging his backpack off.

        Leilani set her bag down, giving a biscuit to Scout. "I'm glad. It got me out of family dinner." she said, jabbing Pope in the ribs as his aggressive whispering got to be too loud.

        "I'm getting drinks. Come with me?" Kie asked her best friend. Leilani nodded, wrapping her hand through the loop of Scout's leash, urging him forwards.

        Kie and Leilani walked up to the stand. "Hey, uh... can I get two Pepsis, please?" Kiara asked the man, shaking her head at Leilani as she tried to pay for it.

        "Hey, Leils. Kie." Rafe said, coming over to them, and Leilani rolled her eyes, sighing.

        Rafe walked directly up to Leilani, his breath fanning her neck. "Can you not?" Leilani pushed him away, disgusted. She pulled Scout away from Rafe.

        "How are you?" Rafe asked both of them, unfazed by Leilani's attitude.

        "We're fine." Kie said, uninterested in the conversation.

        Rafe nodded. "Good, good. Um..." he looked down at Leilani again. "Tell your boy that we know what he did." it sounded like a threat, and Leilani was not okay with being threatened.

        She tilted her head to the side, pushing some of her hair behind her ears. "What boy are you talking about? Hard to keep them all straight." Leilani said, and Rafe chuckled.

        "He'll know. And I think you do, too." Rafe said, plastering on a sarcastic smile.

        Leilani feigned suprise as Kie grabbed the drinks. "Wow, Rafe Cameron using his brain for once." Leilani said, turning and walking away with Kiara, pulling her dog with her.