𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 - 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯, 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯, 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯

— • — • — • — ꧁꧂ — • — • — • —

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛, 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛, 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛

LEILANI AND POPE set the drone up on Heyward's boat, preparing to drop it into the ocean to find the Royal Merchant. Leilani was sporting a bruise under her eye where Rafe had struck her, which she passed off as a surfing accident to anyone who asked. JJ stopped the boat at John B directions, the brunette holding the drone. "All right, ladies and gentlemen. To going full Kook." John B lowered the drone into the water and Leilani took the controls, pushing it deep into the murky ocean.

        John B held a fish-finder with the Merchant's coordinates punched into it, Kie took hold of the yellow tether, and Pope and Leilani controled the drone. "All right, JJ, we're right over it. Ten seconds northwest." John B instructed the blonde.

        "Got it!" JJ repeated the direction, jerking the boat ever so slightly.

        "One hundred feet." Kie announced, mariking the distance on the boat in chalk.

        Leilani moved the drone through the water, looking up at what Pope was watching on the screen to see a squid flash by the camera. Pope jumped, John B rushing over to him. "It's nothing," Pope said regretfully and John B groaned, walking away. "Sorry, I thought—"

        "Don't do that to me, man." JJ said as Pope cut himself off.

        Pope brushed himself off from the encounter and quoted one of his favorite books as Leilani drove the drone. "I feel like I'm in one of Bryce's video games." Leilani said, her fingers rolling over the controls.

        "Four hundred feet!" Kie shouted as thunder rumbled. They clearly didn't pick the best day to go out. "The tide's turning."

        John B's monitor beeped. "Hey, JJ? Ten seconds easy. South-southeast." John B said.

        "Copy that." JJ said, turning the wheel in an effort to keep over the Royal Merchant.

        The wind picked up, Leilani's hair blowing all over her face. "JJ, 20 seconds mid-speed, all right? South." JJ responded, seeming stressed as the weather and the boat were not corporating.

        "Keep the tether out of the prop!" JJ shouted to Kie, the boat tilting.

        "I'm trying!" Kie responded. Pope and Leilani stayed quiet, as their jobs were the least stressful.

        "JJ, keep going!" John B said, the weather only getting worse as more thunder sounded.

        "John B, is that good?" JJ asked, recieving a positive response from the brunette.